Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thought that a bit unfair on us. Yes there were a few underwhelmed fans but I think the majority of us thought him a good addition and yes we have been surprised by quite how good.

The writer is just forging an argument, and has picked the pieces in order to put it together. You'll notice that this gets done a lot. It's by no means representative of what has been said on here, merely selective.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Another excellent performance today, involved all over the pitch. Sign him up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we sign him in January? Or does the loan have to go the whole season?

As said early he's already played for The Albion and Huddersfield this season.
So any other team signing him in January won't be able to play him till August.

To answer your question:-

No need.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can we sign him in January? Or does the loan have to go the whole season?
The Huddersfield chairman *apparently* said something in the local press about an already agreed price for Mooy's sale after the loan.

It seems in everyone's interest to get it done in January.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why? Dale is available.

Genuinely interested to see Potter’s approach here. Suspect Bissouma may make way but that would be harsh as thought he and the midfield were excellent Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would quite like to see

Ryan
Montoya - Dunk - Webster - Burn
Stephens - Bissouma
Propper - Mooy
Maupay - Connolly​

Thought Groß was the weakest of the midfielders, Connolly should be back & Trossard seems better off the bench

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In the Australian press today his agent confirms that we have the option to buy Mooy at the end of the season.

Huddersfield aren’t going to be bothering the Premier League so will need our £10m.

Pat Nevin said on 5Live that Mooy would fit into ANY Premier League side and would play well. But the fact that we have his mate Matty in a city that is genuinely great to live in, we’ll be making him permanent next year without doubt. If Tony could change the deal to January, I’d be absolutely delighted, I love that baldy genius.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Huddersfield aren’t going to be bothering the Premier League so will need our £10m.

Pat Nevin said on 5Live that Mooy would fit into ANY Premier League side and would play well. But the fact that we have his mate Matty in a city that is genuinely great to live in, we’ll be making him permanent next year without doubt. If Tony could change the deal to January, I’d be absolutely delighted, I love that baldy genius.
Grrrrr there's no rush to change the deal and sing Moog in Jan.
He's already played for Huddersfield and the Albion so unless he's prepared to sit out the rest of the season, he's not going anywhere.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In the Australian press today his agent confirms that we have the option to buy Mooy at the end of the season.

A friend of mine who supports Sheffield United, said they are interested in Mooy and hijacking the deal...

Can't see that myself, but you never know...

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we have an option to buy, and Mooy is happy here ( he is ) then no one can hijack the deal.

( Man City did have a buyback clause but I assume they are not interested ).

Stumpy Tim

Why? Dale is available.

Genuinely interested to see Potter’s approach here. Suspect Bissouma may make way but that would be harsh as thought he and the midfield were excellent Monday.

Bissouma definitely gave us something we haven´t had before this season. He can pick the ball up in deep midfield and drive right up the pitch with the ball. Gross, Stephens and Propper have been great, but none of them really possess this ability

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we have an option to buy, and Mooy is happy here ( he is ) then no one can hijack the deal.

( Man City did have a buyback clause but I assume they are not interested ).

As l understand it we do not have an option to buy. When the loan deal was agreed last summer, the plan was for Mooy to return to his parent club at the end of this season. He had just signed a new improved deal, and Huddersfield had plans for him.

With a surplus of midfield players, and the then manager favouring a more physical approach to get them promoted back to the Premier League, it was thought that they could do without him this season.

However things have changed drastically, the club has yet another new manager, and they have suffered a glut of long term injuries, (Tommy Elphick being just one of them), are langusihing towards the foot of the table, and are short of players.

To sign new players they need to raise funds, and of course Aaron Looy is their major asset. Let's put in a bid and see what happens. Surely he won't be playing fopr Huddersfield next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here