Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Mooy imo is more importnat to the team than Propper or Gross are. He's more purposeful, incisive and direct. Propper should be under pressure from Bissouma and Gross should be vying with Trossard (maybe just make that sub half time, every game?).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully we can get this wrapped up early in January and give Huddersfield some money to spend in the transfer window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mooy imo is more importnat to the team than Propper or Gross are. He's more purposeful, incisive and direct. Propper should be under pressure from Bissouma and Gross should be vying with Trossard (maybe just make that sub half time, every game?).

In the job that Mooy does he is superb as is Stephens in his job and as regards Bissouma he is not anywhere near Propper at the moment, may be one day but not at the moment.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't particularly like him from the left wing but he does have a glorious range of passing and the more we can get him in the game, the better. I don't really buy into the "world class" hype, but I really think Davy Pröpper, for the first time, has been overtaken. In the next "your team for..." thread, Davy will not feature for the first time for me. Mooy's passing and vision is ideally suited for sitting alongside Stephens. They would appear to compliment each other extremely well, and he's hard in the tackle too.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He's had some brilliant games for us to be sure. Watching him last night we were impressed but agreed he still seems a bit of a.... chunky monkey? He looks like he'd be hell of a swimmer. He's also had games for us when he's been pretty much invisible too.
I think the Albion should try and buy him in January - but for what price? 15m?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Buy him soonest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't particularly like him from the left wing but he does have a glorious range of passing and the more we can get him in the game, the better. I don't really buy into the "world class" hype, but I really think Davy Pröpper, for the first time, has been overtaken. In the next "your team for..." thread, Davy will not feature for the first time for me. Mooy's passing and vision is ideally suited for sitting alongside Stephens. They would appear to compliment each other extremely well, and he's hard in the tackle too.
I think you is wrong.

I accept Davy's a bit of an enigma, certainly very languid where we're used to someone more robust.
I also have to acknowledge the fact he's very much a player of two halves.
Much like last night he completely overshadowed his first half performance with an outstanding second half.

There were a fair few instants where he generated acres of space for either himself or someone else (in front of him) and but for whatever reason it didn't quite work out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
bet365_aus
@bet365_aus
·
19h
Most dribbles by a Brighton player
Most passes by a Brighton player
Most tackles on the pitch
Three shots
One assist

In a game featuring the likes of Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil and Pepe it's Aaron Mooy who ran the show at the Emirates.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My post was tongue in cheek. Leeds and Huddersfield hate each other.

As you know every Yorkshire team hates Leeds

Having said al, that Bradford is Huddersfield’s palace!

I think white should be recalled near the end of the season to piss l***s off.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He's had some brilliant games for us to be sure. Watching him last night we were impressed but agreed he still seems a bit of a.... chunky monkey? He looks like he'd be hell of a swimmer. He's also had games for us when he's been pretty much invisible too.
I think the Albion should try and buy him in January - but for what price? 15m?

If I remember correctly when Mooy signed the new deal with Huddersfield before the loan the expectation was that Huddersfield might get promoted - but if they didn't they guaranteed he would be sold - but they had a minimum price and I think it was pretty high. Huddersfield paid £10mililon (I think) for him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If I remember correctly when Mooy signed the new deal with Huddersfield before the loan the expectation was that Huddersfield might get promoted - but if they didn't they guaranteed he would be sold - but they had a minimum price and I think it was pretty high. Huddersfield paid £10mililon (I think) for him.

£8 million rising to £10million.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think you is wrong.

I accept Davy's a bit of an enigma, certainly very languid where we're used to someone more robust.
I also have to acknowledge the fact he's very much a player of two halves.
Much like last night he completely overshadowed his first half performance with an outstanding second half.

There were a fair few instants where he generated acres of space for either himself or someone else (in front of him) and but for whatever reason it didn't quite work out.

I'd read it that in a game like that, where the opposition midfield can't be bothered to break out of a jog, Davy looks terrific. He can get his head up and play his range of passes. Against Wolves, who are an actual team, he won't get that luxury, it will be harder for him to influence the game

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Agree, Propper isn't a cert for a place. But to be that is more to do with the ferocious competition for places than Davy has done particularly badly. Trossard clearly should be in the team (if fully fit) and Alzate has done enough to be given a chance in his favoured position. So someone has to go. Glad it's not me making these highly marginal selection decisions.

If Davy does get dropped it will be his lack of contribution in the final third (during his entire time at the club) which in my mind would give him little cause to complain

Personally i'd keep Mooy where he is and have Alzate start alongside Stephens

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mooy should be acquired, he is creative and also makes our other midfielders better players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree, Propper isn't a cert for a place. But to be that is more to do with the ferocious competition for places than Davy has done particularly badly. Trossard clearly should be in the team (if fully fit) and Alzate has done enough to be given a chance in his favoured position. So someone has to go. Glad it's not me making these highly marginal selection decisions.

If Davy does get dropped it will be his lack of contribution in the final third (during his entire time at the club) which in my mind would give him little cause to complain

Personally i'd keep Mooy where he is and have Alzate start alongside Stephens

Potter has created some serious competition for places. Fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here