Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Of course but only because the ref was a bit of a """""" for the first yellow, which would have made the second one a professional foul and taking one for the team. Which would have been the right decision. :)

Seems to me once you have one yellow card you do nothin' to risk getting another yellow and an expulsion from the match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My whelm is very much under.

I genuinely don't see where this Mooy love comes from!
He's like the reverse Mitrovic who in turn is just the next generation Vydra.

Everytime I've seen him play, the Albion have played him off the pitch.
Were he not follicly challenged I'd never have known he was playing.

Somewhat reminiscent of Johnnob Shelvey another shitehouse slaphead who can only 'play' when allowed too and disappears the moment the going gets tough.

Nailed it!

Not that I'd expect #TeamMooy to agree, nor should they now they have the high ground.

But I still contend Aaron's North London games this season are far beyond their own expectations of him, when he arrived.

He completely controlled midfield against Spurs at home and Last night against Arsenal, and also looked really good until sent off against Villa (a game we looked very comfortable in until then). On limited exposure so far, he seems really good against the good teams and fades out of games against the 'normal ones'.

Clearly has the ability, despite seeming to do it all in a relaxed paced approach. Like the rest of the team (and Brighton generally in the many years I've supported them) he just needs consistency.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Am I allowed to bounce this now?

I got stick for this.

Bounce away.

I've just re-read the whole thread from the beginning, and it's amusing to read the comments from the usual suspects.

I was trying to find a reference to the 'Loan with a view to buy'. The only outside reference I can find is a link to a tweet, but that was a transfer Twitter account, and before we knew Mooy had signed a contract extension.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/august/mooy-signs-new-deal--joins-brighton-on-loan/

While it remains to be seen whether the Australian will ever play for Town again, his departure is not as definitive and straightforward as we were expecting when news of Brighton's interest in Mooy first broke last night and leaves all three parties with numerous options for the future.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-mooy-contract-brighton-loan-16722071

This article confirms we are paying wages and a 6 figure loan fee.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/uncovered-aaron-mooy-huddersfield-town-16726384

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't think we'll ever know but I reckon Hudds probably set the deal up with a view to get promoted straight back up and have Mooy available again next season. As this looks unlikely then you'd think we have first dibs on him in the summer if we are also still in the Premier League.

But I doubt anything is completely locked in for either party

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Get this done in January, i'm sure Hudds will want the money early.

He is a TOP TOP player

Indeed. They need to avoid League One so they must make signings, we’ve probably got some loan talent for them if it’d sweeten the deal!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed. They need to avoid League One so they must make signings, we’ve probably got some loan talent for them if it’d sweeten the deal!

Recall Ben White and loan him to Huddersfield in exchange for Mooy's signature (yes, I am aware it's not possible under White's deal)
There would be civil war along the M62 in West Yorkshire!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Recall Ben White and loan him to Huddersfield in exchange for Mooy's signature (yes, I am aware it's not possible under White's deal)
Why is it not possible ?

The fake news about him playing too many minutes to be recalled has already been debunked ( see Potter's interview, not sure which one ).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nailed it!

Not that I'd expect #TeamMooy to agree, nor should they now they have the high ground.

But I still contend Aaron's North London games this season are far beyond their own expectations of him, when he arrived.

If you are not in #TeamMooy yet you never will be, and I worry about your understanding of what a good footballer is !... come on man... just admit you were wrong... you will feel better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you are not in #TeamMooy yet you never will be, and I worry about your understanding of what a good footballer is !... come on man... just admit you were wrong... you will feel better.
The exclamation point, sweet cheeks.

Perhaps I explained my wrongness (which I also admit too on the 'wrong about' thread) poorly.

So there's the level on which I was wrong - check

The level on which #TeamMooy were right - check.

But I do wonder if there's a further penthouse level along the lines of:-

I'm #TeamMooy - I was right.
(But blimey Charlie I didn't think I was going to be THIS right :lol: )

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
FFS no! Leave White where he is (whether we have to or not) - he is developing superbly at Leeds, and will be an asset for our team next season. I think we've got several youngsters who could do with a half season at 'Udders if that helps to seal the Mooy deal - although ultimately I expect the deal to be done in the summer as I suspect was originally the idea if 'Udders didn't bounce back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FFS no! Leave White where he is (whether we have to or not) - he is developing superbly at Leeds, and will be an asset for our team next season. I think we've got several youngsters who could do with a half season at 'Udders if that helps to seal the Mooy deal - although ultimately I expect the deal to be done in the summer as I suspect was originally the idea if 'Udders didn't bounce back.

My post was tongue in cheek. Leeds and Huddersfield hate each other.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm pleasantly surprised at Mooy's ability to come away with the ball in most 50/50 situations. I often think he's lost control of the ball only to see him come out of the challenge and play a forward pass.
I think he'll be our main January signing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Not the War of the Roses, but the War Amongst the White Roses!

Mooy is a class act though, and if there is a way obtaining his permanent signature next month, then we should take it. Before other clubs take notice of him in August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here