Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mooy isn't on the Official club website squad page. But Lallana is?.

That’s been like it for ages i think - that’s the same thinking as the Dunk not in new kit photos - completely won’t be linked (even if Mooy off was true)! That would be completely unprofessional and nobody has breathed a word of this til one random fan in first post posted it...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And amazing how so many have replied to say how they would understand it if it were true, how it all makes sense, etc.

Talk about confirmation bias. :lolol:

1. They (Shanghai, not the twitterers) were after him in January.

2. Dude got a young kid and might not want to spend four days on an airplane every international break.

3. The club got a bunch of players in his position.

4. Money. For him and the club, probably has very little resale value anywhere but to China.

5. Not really killing his international career. Not like the Australian FA is going to say "nah he's just playing in the shite Chinese league, cant select him... better give... Harry Kewell some CPR and put him out there".

It all makes sense, confirmation bias or not.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
1. They (Shanghai, not the twitterers) were after him in January.

2. Dude got a young kid and might not want to spend four days on an airplane every international break.

3. The club got a bunch of players in his position.

4. Money. For him and the club, probably has very little resale value anywhere but to China.

5. Not really killing his international career. Not like the Australian FA is going to say "nah he's just playing in the shite Chinese league, cant select him... better give... Harry Kewell some CPR and put him out there".

It all makes sense, confirmation bias or not.

I really like Mooy and it would be a shame if he goes. But from the club's point of view, if they make a profit on what the paid for him last year, while creating space for Alzate and Molumby, its probably not a bad deal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I may be in the minority, but if it happens I don’t think it’s a great loss.

Been disappointed since he joined as rated him for Huddersfield, very slow and looks like he’s running through treacle when he’s tracking.

If it helps his family time then good for him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has anyone spotted him in any of the St Andrews training camp pictures?

I'll be honest, I'd not be that gutted. Apart from a few good games we always look so laboured when he's playing, even more so with Gross in the same team

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I may be in the minority, but if it happens I don’t think it’s a great loss.

Been disappointed since he joined as rated him for Huddersfield, very slow and looks like he’s running through treacle when he’s tracking.

If it helps his family time then good for him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been one of the biggest underperformers since joining permanently. If we can get a few quid and if it means Molumby is more likely to get a chance, I'm all for it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He was GREAT for us before he signed permanently.. and then aside from the odd moment became very mediocre.

Still a good player, maybe confidence. If I had the call I’d keep him but ship out Gross or Davy instead.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mooy isn't on the Official club website squad page. But Lallana is?.

That'll be the squad list where both Ryan and Walton are number 1, both White and Baluta are number 28, Clarke is pictured but wthout a number and everyone is in last season's gear apart from Lallana.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Can’t say I’m too disappointed, with our CM options it made sense that either him or Gross would be off now or in January and Pascals numbers don’t lie. Could get us a bit of money and he’s probably one of the better earners. If it means for game time for Alzate and/or Molumby I’m all for it

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
"best of luck in your new challenge ands thanks for the memories"

fake. The club dont make these basic mistakes

Not true. When the Taylor Richards loan was confirmed this week, the club issued a tweet saying good luck to Taylor Roberts :lolol: they make their fair share of howlers like everyone else.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That'll be the squad list where both Ryan and Walton are number 1, both White and Baluta are number 28, Clarke is pictured but wthout a number and everyone is in last season's gear apart from Lallana.

but also where every player is actually listed besides Mooy..?

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Why would they use a pic of myalbiontv seems pretty fake.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk
It's actually a video, I think he screenshotted his phone while the video plays automatically. It always starts muted as the icon shows on the bottom right. Still not 100% though whether this is real news [emoji38]

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
He's been one of the biggest underperformers since joining permanently. If we can get a few quid and if it means Molumby is more likely to get a chance, I'm all for it.
Absolutely this, thought he was superb until permanently signed. Quite disappointed he tailed off and eventually struggled to nail down a guarenteed place.

Still thankful for his time if this is legitimate, played a key role for us at points this season! Super excited for Molumby!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here