Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was GREAT for us before he signed permanently.. and then aside from the odd moment became very mediocre.

Still a good player, maybe confidence. If I had the call I’d keep him but ship out Gross or Davy instead.

I think he had two reasonable/good games in that period. I’d keep Gross and Propper every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I may be in the minority, but if it happens I don’t think it’s a great loss.

Been disappointed since he joined as rated him for Huddersfield, very slow and looks like he’s running through treacle when he’s tracking.

If it helps his family time then good for him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Particularly after the break where he look spent after his first sprint (or as close to a sprint as he can manage).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1. They (Shanghai, not the twitterers) were after him in January.

2. Dude got a young kid and might not want to spend four days on an airplane every international break.

3. The club got a bunch of players in his position.

4. Money. For him and the club, probably has very little resale value anywhere but to China.

5. Not really killing his international career. Not like the Australian FA is going to say "nah he's just playing in the shite Chinese league, cant select him... better give... Harry Kewell some CPR and put him out there".

It all makes sense, confirmation bias or not.

You walked right into that one :lolol:

It may or may not be true. I don't need reasons why it may be true before I know it is true in order to decide whether it is or isn't true, without any actual evidence. It's on stuff like this, me a scientist and you a nut case (a lovely nut case, but a nut case nonetheless) go our separate ways.

If it were something I could do something about then fair enough. Maybe. But if send him some flowers with a note begging him to not leave, kisses on the bottom, I doubt it would have much traction, even if it were all true. Which it may or may not be.

And if it is you don't win a prize.

And....hate to say this but it's not as if it's someone like Ben White who's being discussed, in the imminent departure context, here, is it. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

ps, Has he gone yet? Ben White, I mean.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
As long as we made our money back, it wouldn’t be terrible considering we’ve got Lallana in.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Would be sorry to see him leave but I must admit his levels have dropped off, basically since he signed for us, it left me wondering what had happened to him.

Presumed rightly or wrongly that he had a niggling injury or something that was curtailing his undoubted talent, nothing was said in that respect from what I recall.

We have a good amount of talent in the position where Mooy plays, so it could well be true that he's leaving us, thanks and good luck Aaron if that is the case.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He was GREAT for us before he signed permanently.. and then aside from the odd moment became very mediocre.

Still a good player, maybe confidence. If I had the call I’d keep him but ship out Gross or Davy instead.
You seriously think Mooy offers more than Propper? Honestly I don’t know what people watch when we play.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Its one of the things that would make it very logical.

Australia play their games either in Australia (duh) or Asia. Flying from China takes ca 10 hours, from UK its what... around 48? For every international break this means a lot more time with the family and less on some airplane. It also means that it would be a lot easier to visit Grandma Mooy and other relatives in Australia, which is something a lot of parents value.

UK to China 10 hours (one way.)

UK to Australia 24 hours (one way Sydney)

The moon is about 48 hours.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair I would have thought thats actually a pretty good time. Not having to take kids out of school now. He's 29, he could get a big pay out in China, and in a few years when his kids ready to go to school he could retire back to Australia.

His kids are already in school in Lewes

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You seriously think Mooy offers more than Propper? Honestly I don’t know what people watch when we play.

I'm agreeing with him on that one. If there's ever a civil war in Brighton, Davy Pröpper is likely to be the reason. People are divided on him, to say the least.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Hope it's not true, really rate him as one of our best players on his day. Has the ability to run the midfield, I think Potter has been misusing him a little though and if he wanted to go could completely understand the reasons why. Be a shame in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here