[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aaron Mooy leaving?

MOOY MAKES CHINA MOVE

Midfielder Aaron Mooy has completed a permanent move to Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG, for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The Australia international made 32 appearances for the club last season, having initially joined on loan from Huddersfield Town before making the move permanent in January.

Both of Mooy’s goals for Albion came in separate games against Bournemouth and he helped Albion achieve their best Premier League points tally.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “Aaron has been an excellent professional during his time with us. From day one with us he fitted in really well.

“It’s a good move for all parties. We have a number of really good players in that position and therefore Aaron goes with our blessing.

“I have really enjoyed working with him, and on behalf of everyone at the club I would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him well for the future.”

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Propper gets through much more work and is part of the engine room. We can certainly improve on him though. I would actually get rid of Mooy,Gross and Propper.

games of opinions, we've all got one. only GP's actually matters!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really strange - we only just signed him - thought he was good to have but his pace let him down. All the best Mooy :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
MOOY MAKES CHINA MOVE

Midfielder Aaron Mooy has completed a permanent move to Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG, for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The Australia international made 32 appearances for the club last season, having initially joined on loan from Huddersfield Town before making the move permanent in January.

Both of Mooy’s goals for Albion came in separate games against Bournemouth and he helped Albion achieve their best Premier League points tally.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “Aaron has been an excellent professional during his time with us. From day one with us he fitted in really well.

“It’s a good move for all parties. We have a number of really good players in that position and therefore Aaron goes with our blessing.

“I have really enjoyed working with him, and on behalf of everyone at the club I would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him well for the future.”

wow it was real. good luck Aaron. very surprised tbh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly didn't see that coming.
Certainly won't lose any sleep now it's done.
Good luck Aaron thanks for Arsenal away.

I hope it all goes well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are these Chinese clubs big with their fees too? I know they are wages... wonder if we made money on what we paid Jan?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Are these Chinese clubs big with their fees too? I know they are wages... wonder if we made money on what we paid Jan?

I was thinking this too. I'm sure we wouldn't have sold him at a loss and perhaps we got a bit of money for him to invest in another signing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
All part of the upgrading of the squad. Good news.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Makes sense- great move for him and you really can't see him playing much with Lallana around. Thanks for that worldie of a goal and best of luck Aaron!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Very odd seeing as we only signed him permanently in January. Would have thought Stephens was more of a candidate to be moved on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let's hope Molumby can cut it and Alzate can shake off his injury then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here