[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Aaron starts today against Chelsea.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What has happened to him? when he first started he used to chase things down trying to make things happen? Now he trots around avoiding getting involved?

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Subbed around the hour mark- didn't really do a lot or show much quality. Hopefully another year out on loan for him next season

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He's an under confident headless chicken. A headless chicken that is trying to hide in the game while having a bad haircut. Showed promise once but he's barely League 1 level and to say he is Championship does that great league a disservice sadly.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He looked pretty gash, but he was playing against Chelsea, they know him. He didn't look any much worse than the other jaffas on our books

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Or do they just say he's no good at Premier league football and needs to sack off the off field antics?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Different people say different things. Saying he is not good enough for the PL is one thing, that is a plausible perspective. The endless talk about his attitude, personality, haircuts and other things people either dont know shit about or shouldnt give a shit about... bullying.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Different people say different things. Saying he is not good enough for the PL is one thing, that is a plausible perspective. The endless talk about his attitude, personality, haircuts and other things people either dont know shit about or shouldnt give a shit about... bullying.
I get why you are saying that, I want him to succeed too. But if you lived over here you'd see the level of off field antics is absolutely nonsense compared to even a local celebrity.

I appreciate that a football fan overseas might think it perfectly normal for a player to be in the papers so often but for a little club like Brighton it's absolutely mental. A few more goals though and nobody cares about anything other than how fit is WAG is i think

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I get why you are saying that, I want him to succeed too. But if you lived over here you'd see the level of off field antics is absolutely nonsense compared to even a local celebrity.

I appreciate that a football fan overseas might think it perfectly normal for a player to be in the papers so often but for a little club like Brighton it's absolutely mental. A few more goals though and nobody cares about anything other than how fit is WAG is i think

From my understanding the "be in the papers so often" part is about: 1. the time he ****ed a woman during lockdown 2. not wanting his ex-girlfriend to go to "Love Island" (or whatever it was) 3. swearing at some bloke at a night club 4. getting angry over not starting against Burnley.

All of these things, except possibly the last one (although it is alright to care if you're playing or not), are no big deals and people only use it against him because they have some kind of psychological tics when it comes to this young man.

People get annoyed over these things because they want to, not because it is some hideous crimes that no one else would even contemplate about. Its all very normal stuff. It would be truly worrying if he was 20 (like I think he was when he did that hideous having sex with a woman thing) and living like the UNA Bomber in some isolated, desolated cabin in the forest or if he had asked to drive his ex to Love Island himself so he could watch her **** around with all those half-horse Australians...

All it shows is that he is not a football playing robot who came to this world with the one sole purpose of bringing you entertainment and victories.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Yup, plenty of lifeless twats with slowly decomposing hearts & brains still take every opportunity to make snidey remarks about him.

You know nothing about me. I may be a **** as you say. But I can spot a good player and he is not one and never will be
I do not give a monkeys rectum what he does off the field. As long as he does the business on it. That is what he is paid for Shirley? Not exactly pulling up trees at Boro is he?

Bullied? Lol

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From my understanding the "be in the papers so often" part is about: 1. the time he ****ed a woman during lockdown 2. not wanting his ex-girlfriend to go to "Love Island" (or whatever it was) 3. swearing at some bloke at a night club 4. getting angry over not starting against Burnley.

All of these things, except possibly the last one (although it is alright to care if you're playing or not), are no big deals and people only use it against him because they have some kind of psychological tics when it comes to this young man.

People get annoyed over these things because they want to, not because it is some hideous crimes that no one else would even contemplate about. Its all very normal stuff. It would be truly worrying if he was 20 (like I think he was when he did that hideous having sex with a woman thing) and living like the UNA Bomber in some isolated, desolated cabin in the forest or if he had asked to drive his ex to Love Island himself so he could watch her **** around with all those half-horse Australians...

All it shows is that he is not a football playing robot who came to this world with the one sole purpose of bringing you entertainment and victories.

If his performances on the pitch had been consistently good none of it would have been barely mentioned (apart from the odd chuckle at ‘naughty old Aaron who’s been shagging some bird off Love Island’ or whatever). Problem is he acted like George Best off the field but was more Leon Best on the field for us.

Aug 18, 2013

It's hard to explain to someone not from Sussex but in recent years the only players we've had in the papers for their shagging are a) Liam Dickinson, who nobody would have noticed except he was on the front of the Sun in an article about drunk Uni students, b) Shane Duffy, who the Sun did a number on the day before we blew the title to a stoppage time Grealish strike, ft the line "I'm Shane Duffy, Google Me" C) Shane Duffy, for boning Katie Price but nobody was bothered because the Google Me story was better, and d) Connolly; for cheating on his Love Island bird.

Actually possibly e) Wayne Henderson's Mrs, who was fit, but found more fame going on The Apprentice rather than getting with the Brighton and Ireland goalkeeper.

It's not bullying, honestly, although I can see why someone from overseas looking in would think it might be. His big problem is like Jake Robinson before him, he threatened to be 'the chosen one" and was actually a shagger not very good at scoring goals.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Personally I think you've got en skruv looooooose :lolol:

Aug 18, 2013
Connolly posting on Insta that Boro fans are the best he's played in front of is absolutely fabulous levels of petty.

But remember, he's the victim of bullying. LOL.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Connolly posting on Insta that Boro fans are the best he's played in front of is absolutely fabulous levels of petty.

But remember, he's the victim of bullying. LOL.

Why petty? Playing at the Amex in the last couple of seasons must be like playing in a mausoleum. If he heard anything from our fans it would have been criticism. He is currently playing at Boro. Chris Wilder was on the radio tonight saying how fantastic the Boro fans have been. Pretty fair chance they are the best fans Aaron has played in front of. I can't think of a time when he would have even considered saying the same about Brighton fans. If he's caught up in the moment and enjoying his football without an incessant stream of criticism from the fans, then good luck to him. Meanwhile, his parent club fans continue to take a pop at him. Petty? No. Victim of bullying, yes. And still it goes on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here