NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boro win and we mock Aaron?Come on, chaps. Give it a rest :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Boro win and we mock Aaron?Come on, chaps. Give it a rest :shrug:
Well, it's not as if he was playing! That might have made a difference.

FWIW, Wilder did look a littlle disappointed that he couldn't play him. Maybe he thought there might be something about Aaron and Spurs................................

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
All, I saw a tweet a few weeks ago that suggested that AC may be suffering from depression.

Please bear this in mind when commenting.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
All, I saw a tweet a few weeks ago that suggested that AC may be suffering from depression.

Please bear this in mind when commenting.

Hopefully not true but yeah as I've said repeatedly it can't be a young bloke recieving so much hate from those who are supposed to support you.

All the best to Aaron, hopefully he is back in their team soon.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Hopefully not true but yeah as I've said repeatedly it can't be a young bloke recieving so much hate from those who are supposed to support you.

All the best to Aaron, hopefully he is back in their team soon.

I have to say, if I was suffering from depression, the last place I would visit is somewhere that people might be slagging me off...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have to say, if I was suffering from depression, the last place I would visit is somewhere that people might be slagging me off...

Or Middlesbrough.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Good for you.

Yep, sensible approach as advocated by doctors.

My wife was suffering from depression at the height of the Covid pandemic due to the horrendous stories on Facebook, news outlets, etc., her doctors advice was to stay away from such places!!!

Doesn't mean people aren't saying bad things, just means you don't know they are...

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Good for you.

My wife was suffering from depression at the height of the Covid pandemic due to the horrendous stories on Facebook, news outlets, etc., her doctors advice was to stay away from such places!!!

Doesn't mean people aren't saying bad things, just means you don't know they are...

Obviously doesn't work if you are a compulsive depressive, who needs to read the bad things, as affirmation!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yeah it is sensible but not easy if you are 21 I imagine. To them avoiding social media is like us slightly trying to avoid good food because it might make us fat. or the TV cause it might make us dumb.. in theory very sensible but not all that easy in reality.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Yeah it is sensible but not easy if you are 21 I imagine. To them avoiding social media is like us slightly trying to avoid good food because it might make us fat. or the TV cause it might make us dumb.. in theory very sensible but not all that easy in reality.

As a professional sportsman he should do what is best for his health, so if not going on social media is one of those things, then so be it.

If he can't then maybe he should consider a different profession that doesn't put him in the spotlight and make him a target for trolls and the like!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As a professional sportsman he should do what is best for his health, so if not going on social media is one of those things, then so be it.

If he can't then maybe he should consider a different profession that doesn't put him in the spotlight and make him a target for trolls and the like!

Yeah I've caught that people believe that professional sportsmen should be perfect flawless human beings but unfortunately that is not the case.

That second sentence is a great example of the "support" quite a lot of Brighton "supporters" are giving him.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Yeah I've caught that people believe that professional sportsmen should be perfect flawless human beings but unfortunately that is not the case.

That second sentence is a great example of the "support" quite a lot of Brighton "supporters" are giving him.

But that's where you're wrong. I would always "support" any Brighton player.

However, there has to be an acceptance, as unpalatable as you may find it, that certain human dispositions don't lend themselves to certain jobs.

Being Swedish you may not be familiar with the late British comedy geniusn Tony Hancock, who was tortured by the fact he didn't understand why people found him funny and couldn't keep being funny to order - Hancock ultimately committed suicide.

This was long before the days of social media and the vitriol often spouted therein. Hancock just wasn't suited to being in the limelight and should have been advised as such, as difficult as that would have been for him!

Maybe Aaron should consider his profession carefully if it makes him so unhappy!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But that's where you're wrong. I would always "support" any Brighton player.

However, there has to be an acceptance, as unpalatable as you may find it, that certain human dispositions don't lend themselves to certain jobs.

Being Swedish you may not be familiar with the late British comedy geniusn Tony Hancock, who was tortured by the fact he didn't understand why people found him funny and couldn't keep being funny to order - Hancock ultimately committed suicide.

This was long before the days of social media and the vitriol often spouted therein. Hancock just wasn't suited to being in the limelight and should have been advised as such, as difficult as that would have been for him!

Maybe Aaron should consider his profession carefully if it makes him so unhappy!

Good point. And maybe the boy or girl that gets bullied at school for being different or whatever should just try and conform and be a bit more 'normal' than moan about being bullied.

While we're at it Davy Propper should just grow a pair - happily took our PL wages for years but appears to have down tools a year or 2 before he left because he was a bit homesick, should have just agreed to tear up his contract and go home rather than being all depressed about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports