Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 weekend closures Shoreham-Lancing

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Waze (owned by Google) has long been my navigational tool of choice. I think on a day like today, it won't be much good as it won't know about all the people coming from Falmer until it's too late.
Fair point! Waze is essentially the same as GM.

However, I have a cunning plan which can help your app know about the traffic...
Hold back in Falmer for an hour or so, to let it build up a pattern of the extra traffic, then you can set off and see where it is! Flawless.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yesterday…went down Buckingham Rd……straight over the railway line….Tarmount Lane ..New Road ..straight on to A259….twenty mins and then straight over the Norfolk Bridge ..virtually plain sailing from there….anyone thinking of using the side streets off the High St …my advice isn’t to

So maybe use that route and coming off the A27 at the Sainsbury’s junction

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You lot traveling west have got it easy. Lewes Malling Street is closed during the week and our ST coach made a diversion out to Chailey then back to North Uckfield. Along with the 30 minute delay leaving we got home about an hour later than normal.
EDIT, I'm old enough to remember when the main road was that old wooden bridge. Those were the days.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Shorehams not 'gridlock' but hundreds of lazy fuckers sitting in cars ticking over belching diesel fumes in every side road between the A27 and 259 hardly makes for a pleasant environment.
It was interesting yesterday watching people try the side roads …whereas I went east a bit to join the coast road with no hassle ..just relying on a kind person the other side of the road to let me in ..which they did

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You lot traveling west have got it easy. Lewes Malling Street is closed during the week and our ST coach made a diversion out to Chailey then back to North Uckfield. Along with the 30 minute delay leaving we got home about an hour later than normal.
EDIT, I'm old enough to remember when the main road was that old wooden bridge. Those were the days.
Didn't the bloke with the satchel charge you to cross IIRC ?

*edit* I was going to say sixpence but thought that sounded too much

Last edited:

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I just drove in from storrington. The 283 in the other direction was packed all the way with long ( possibly up to half a mile at Washington ) tail backs at all the roundabouts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How have the coast road and the Steyning bypass been when this has been happening?

Wondering if the best route back to Worthing from the game today would be M23 -> A272 -> A23.
Thanks for that.
I probably wouldn't have thought it through as an option but it was on my mind as the traffic wasn't great on the Steyning bypass.

Coming down the 24, the Washington roundabout didn't look pretty, suggesting A272 was a good call.

For the record.
Whistle - players off - legged it as The Diamond kicked off - cycled into Brighton.- car at 16:40 - Findon 17:25 - noice.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Seagull Travel battered old bus made it to Shoreham OK after the game ... but got stuck at traffic lights near the old Civic Centre (having gone over crossing by McDonald's). Lights went red/green/red a good dozen times without us moving. Westbound traffic heading into Shoreham High Street just not moving. Asked driver to just let us out but initially refused as it was 'against the rules'. After another series of red/green/red with no sign of moving, he relented and let us out as much quicker to walk home from there than staying on!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In a brilliant example of joined up thinking with regard to traffic management the traffic on the A259 passed Lancing green (where Perch is) is down to a single lane and has temporary works lights to filter the traffic. Which is where all the westbound traffic off the A27 is being diverted via. What a shitshow.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Good news: All works were completed on schedule.
Bad news: Buckingham Group have seen this is as an opportunity to push ahead with further works therefore closing the A27 again, Westbound, for the next 2 weekends ☹️

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There’s so much prep / services work going on around Shoreham for all the new apartment blocks, expect single lane and temporary lights for the next three years. At least.😞

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Regretfully Shoreham is no longer a small fishing village. Swathes of the coastal area are in the hands of developers. The existing infrastructure cannot support this. Add to the mix the lack of NHS dentists, local school places, GP surgeries, and Southern Water’s attitude towards sewage disposal, and it’ll soon be another characterless Brighton suburb. We are sleepwalking towards Shoreham becoming Shorehattan.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Regretfully Shoreham is no longer a small fishing village. Swathes of the coastal area are in the hands of developers. The existing infrastructure cannot support this. Add to the mix the lack of NHS dentists, local school places, GP surgeries, and Southern Water’s attitude towards sewage disposal, and it’ll soon be another characterless Brighton suburb. We are sleepwalking towards Shoreham becoming Shorehattan.
Not only Shoreham , but they are building all along the coast to littlehampton , with no extra infrastructure it’s madness

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well exactly.

Have you been to Angmering ‘village’?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here