Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A24 closed for murder investigation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Update on the video of the car on the wrong carriageway.(Argus)

Update on our video post of a car travelling the wrong way down the A24.
The motorist who captured the footage took it around 9.30pm, so he doesn't believe it is connect to the murder.
He has however passed the video to Sussex Police for them to completely rule out any link.

An increasing number of vehicles have on-board CCTV cameras fitted. It's possible that this could be the source of useful evidence, rather than deliberately shot "prurient" video coverage.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The motorist who captured the footage took it around 9.30pm, so he doesn't believe it is connect to the murder.
He has however passed the video to Sussex Police for them to completely rule out any link.

Good old Argus click bait.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Bearing in mind the tragedy that has occured your comments are not in the best possible taste, are they?

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was being thumbs downed because I forgot to use a question mark.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I watched the video after you posted the link and it was obviously highly unlikely to be related to the incident due to the A24 at Findon being closed by the police by the time the video was shot - it was clearly some time after the incident.

Knowing that bit of road, I suspect it was someone coming up the hill from Findon Village to the A24 roundabout there, being distracted by the police closure to their left and turning right into the Southbound carriageway without realising what they were doing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If a) a murder and b) someone hacking down the wrong side of a dual carriageway are not connected in any way, I think I shall be steering clear of the A24 in future, pun intended. It sounds like the DEVIL'S HIGHWAY.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
If a) a murder and b) someone hacking down the wrong side of a dual carriageway are not connected in any way, I think I shall be steering clear of the A24 in future, pun intended. It sounds like the DEVIL'S HIGHWAY.

I drive up and down it to work three days a week. It is a deathtrap. The section between Worthing and Horsham is just dangerous - basically a country road where you can turn off left and right, across 70mph dual carriageway (thinking especially of that bit just south of Buck Barn lights...) Then the single carriageway section through Kingsfold is Fatal Accident Central (normally several each year), then the final section to the M25 (which is as far as I go) is mainly 50mph, when it's designed for 70mph.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I drive up and down it to work three days a week. It is a deathtrap. The section between Worthing and Horsham is just dangerous - basically a country road where you can turn off left and right, across 70mph dual carriageway (thinking especially of that bit just south of Buck Barn lights...) Then the single carriageway section through Kingsfold is Fatal Accident Central (normally several each year), then the final section to the M25 (which is as far as I go) is mainly 50mph, when it's designed for 70mph.

About a decade ago after midnight we were driving south along the A24 before Buck Barn on the southbound dual carriageway section, fortunately in the inside lane, and a car drove past us going north in the outside lane of the southbound carriageway. That was a close shave.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
The poor Gent has been named as Don Lock, (a keen cyclist with Worthing Excelsior) aged 79 from Worthing. I too was victim of some serious road rage just a few weeks ago that could have ended much worse, there really are some lunatics out there who will not think twice, just so unbelievable and sad. RIP.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
all witnessed by the chaps passenger (according to the bbc website) ..let hope the b*****d is caught.

Not true, the media jumped to that conclusion early on and have subsequently retracted it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Mr Lock, who was recently given the all-clear from cancer, was knifed after getting out of his car after a crash with another vehicle on the A24.

A statement from his family said Mr Lock was full of energy after recently being given the all-clear from cancer.

"He was not your typical great grandfather and was still cycling up to 150 miles per week," the statement read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here