Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A24 closed for murder investigation.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
There are just too many ****s in the world. Firstly you carry a knife in your car and then kill a 70 year old with it. Depressing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The description didn't come from the person who was stabbed - they're dead.

It wasn't dark - it was 8:40pm.

I was playing golf at 8:30 last night and it was pretty murky to be fair.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wild speculation but sounds like a road rage issue....there are some maniacs out there.

I eventually got out of the way of this total **** in a white van on the m25 driving about 3 inches from my bumper and after passing me I was subject to a tirade of abuse wanker signs , even the slashing of the throat gesture, he then pulled in front of me an kept slamming his breaks on...it was a scary episode and this **** was purple in the face with rage.

God knows what would have happened if he reached someone who wouldn't pull over.

We had a nasty incident a few years ago coming out of Rottingdean. A car tried to take off our back wing cutting in, although we couldn't move any further forward due to the traffic jam. He then tailgated us, even though between Saltdean & Telscombe Cliffs the speed limit is 40, we slowed to 30, allowing him to get past us, but he stayed behind us. He continued to follow us to Newhaven, so instead of going home, realising that he would know where we lived, we drove around the ring road, and side roads twice. He then saw me on my mobile phone talking to the police, so drove off. I gave them his registration number. The whole episode lasted about 25 minutes and was terrifying.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Well that's not much to go on.

"The suspect is described as a white man, aged between 30 and 40, 6', skinny with shoulder length brown wavy hair with a thin face. His car is described as a pale coloured old style vehicle"

I think if you take the whole lot together its a fair description. In fact I know someome from my work who fits the description exactly

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I wonder if I could have given a description in the dark, after being stabbed. The description of the assailant seemed pretty clear though.

I'll concede that had I just been murdered my ability to accurately recall facts and relay them to the authorities might be a bit compromised.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think if you take the whole lot together its a fair description. In fact I know someome from my work who fits the description exactly

Have you dobbed him in to the rozzers?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How on earth could he see you were talking to the police?

He must have guessed when he saw me on my mobile phone. The Newhaven ring road is two lanes and he was side by side with us. I wasn't exactly gossiping to my family. He gestured some horrible things to us and took the Brighton road back west, as we went round the ring road again.

On another note, the Argus has a video of someone reporting a pale car driving down the wrong side of the A24 a few minutes later than the incident last night, and reports of an elderly woman with the victim.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well this is very sad and all witnessed by the chaps passenger (according to the bbc website) ..let hope the b*****d is caught.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well that's not much to go on.

In some cases police may not give a full description for reasons to do with the investigation.

Not saying that's the case in this situation but it's always a possibility.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Have you dobbed him in to the rozzers?

They have been quoted as saying they are tracing the suspect - indicating they know who they are. If they came out and asked for help identifiying then I would of course step forward. Coincidentally the guy isn’t in today.......

Dec 15, 2014
Here
On another note, the Argus has a video of someone reporting a pale car driving down the wrong side of the A24 a few minutes later than the incident last night, and reports of an elderly woman with the victim.

Must have been an American. They all seem to be looney drivers.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
In all seriousness, if the police are looking for video of the incident then they are most likely looking for evidence that narrows their suspect list down to a smaller group of individuals.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In all seriousness, if the police are looking for video of the incident then they are most likely looking for evidence that narrows their suspect list down to a smaller group of individuals.

Not really, it's simply a case of exploring all avenues. They may already have a suspect. But they'll still trawl the area for information.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here