A thread full of OLD computer games that you LOVED.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
url

url

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Similar story:

Had a mate (not even that close of a mate) at school for WEEKS telling me how great his Dreamcast was. I played a lot of games as a kid and Dreamcast was one of the only "main" consoles I'd never played, so I was very curious. Finally he invited me over after school to play it, really talking it up. I was looking forward to it.

Walked back to his house. He suddenly stopped short outside of his house and said "You don't think I'd ACTUALLY let you come in and play my Dreamcast, do you?! You wish!" and just walked into his house and shut the door.

Odd kid.

Yes, he was a bit similar. He'd let you in but was spoiled rotten by his Mother and absent Father. I remember him inviting people round and he'd go downstairs and bring up a plate of things like Yum Yum's, Snickers funsize and a bottle of Coke etc and just eat them all on his own while playing games. Word got round and no-one bothered with him in the end. Think he was just showing off. Odd.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Streetfighter.

But I remember my "mate" who was in fact just a spoiled little tit used to invite everyone round his to play Streetfighter on his Sega. He never let anyone play on it though he used to just make us watch him play single player mode for ages. Until one day someone got so annoyed they pushed the whole lot onto the floor. The Megadrive survived but the forks on the cartridge snapped and his portable colour telly was just a weird red colour forever after. If you're reading this Daniel Taylor of Bracknell, you deserved it you fat, greedy shit.

One day Daniel Taylor of Bracknell will google himself :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did anybody else try to program in a spectrum game from a magazine. 500 lines of code and one small poke or peek error and nothing worked or even worse trying to save it onto the cassette and it failed so you lost all of the previous 5 hours careful typing. Only once was I successful, I'm pretty sure it was the game where you flew an airplane from left to right bombing the tower blocks.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.

Even to this day the game blows my mind. My N64 and all my games are still a treasured possession.

Yep. I go back to the zx81 days but the games that really really stand out for me are Zelda, Goldeneye and Mario 64.

All on the N64

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
KICK OFF absolutely ruled back in the day! Awesome.

I also remember playing the original Football Manager. I would literately play from the moment I got home from school on a Friday and stay up all night Friday and Saturday playing it with my best mate. We even recorded every result and scorer in a book so we could go back over results at a later date to see who won the most games and top scorers etc. The game itself didn't really record that sort of information. Must have been mid 1980's. I remember one summer we went to a static caravan park in Bashley for the week. Never left the caravan and got about 8 hours sleep during the whole week.

There were times when we would be watching footy videos (VHS) on one TV, playing Kick Off on another screen and playing Football Manager all at the same time.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I bloody LOVED Cannon Fodder on the Amiga

Cannon_fodder_box_art.jpg
Cannon-Fodder-mission-complete.jpg
93639-cannon-fodder-genesis-screenshot-jools-and-jops-lead-the-ways.gif

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Old for me is pre-SNES so:

Elite
Repton 2
Exile
Captain Blood
Soccer Supremo
Player Manager
Cybertron Mission
Stryker's Run 2
Deus Ex Machina
Championship Manager 2 (I think - I know I had to install extra memory into my ST, during which I blew out the power supply and discovered that instead of buying a new one for £50 I could just buy some glass fuses from Maplins for about £2.50)
Jet Set Willy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports