Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of OLD computer games that you LOVED.

I had a lot of time for this - my favourite RTS town building game of all time

Constructor-pc.jpg

Bought it a year ago! Its still amazing!

http://www.gog.com/game/constructor

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
So many memories this thread is bringing back!

I've also just 'lost' an hour of my time digging out the details of my favourite Arcade game of my youth - Grand Champion!! http://www.gamesdbase.com/game/arcade/grand-champion.aspx One of my favourite memories from growing up was walking into an arcade and sitting down at this to the disdain of all the boys who were then very impressed when I beat them all! :D

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wow. Pokemon BLUE. I was HOOKED.

Having mentioned Track and Field earlier I remember one time where me and my mates were having a sleepover and playing the game with our backs to the lounge door. At about 4am we are all FRANTICALLY tapping the controllers.

Needless to say my mum comes down to see what all the noise is and see's the back of 3 or 4 young teenagers all jiggling their arms furiously and groaning.

:lolol:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
The Lords of Midnight on the spectrum. Ground breaking at the time, lost months playing this.

Luxor the Moonprince stands at the gates of..............

The first game i was ever addicted to...

Dizzy! Truly a masterpiece. I've played it recently, the gameplay and 'story' are still unbelievable.

Wolfenstein 3d was the first 'great' PC game I ever played, the original great first person shooter.

Last edited:

This is probably THE best game ever.

[yt]Bj1z7F5BkyM[/yt]

Utterly unrivaled for a first person shooter. The day I can play this on my iphone will be the greatest day of my life.

It has aged terribly. Like, REALLY badly.

Half-Life was unveiled a few months after it was released, then that changed the world of first person shooters...

Edit: I can't believe that Half-Life coming up to 16 years old... It changed everything, there were no levels, everything was truly three dimensional, the sound design was amazing that the sound came from the source and the graphics were beautiful... is this an old game?

Last edited:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
untitled.pngharrier.png

Astro Wars and Harrier Attack on the Oric 1

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Streetfighter.

But I remember my "mate" who was in fact just a spoiled little tit used to invite everyone round his to play Streetfighter on his Sega. He never let anyone play on it though he used to just make us watch him play single player mode for ages. Until one day someone got so annoyed they pushed the whole lot onto the floor. The Megadrive survived but the forks on the cartridge snapped and his portable colour telly was just a weird red colour forever after. If you're reading this Daniel Taylor of Bracknell, you deserved it you fat, greedy shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here