Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A straightforward poll. Who in your opinion is in the worst position to avoid relegation.

Who is in the worst position?

• Brighton

Votes: 85 23.9%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 129 36.2%
  • Fulham

Votes: 85 23.9%
  • I dont want to think about it.

Votes: 57 16.0%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There's more than half a dozen new ones on the same theme. A new thread for each opinion. Well, not opinion, really, each different way of criticising and handwringing. As a regular and sensible poster wrote yesterday, NSC becomes unreadable after each draw or defeat.

So, sure, no problem. Discuss, share opinions. And I can share mine, too. :shrug:

But nobody, as far as I can see, has called you idiotic or something similar for sharing your opinion. The nuts and bolts of it are that you can’t tolerate people being upset or frustrated when things go sideways, it’s football, you’ve walked these corridors for long enough to appreciate the highs are high but the lows are subterranean. Football fans are passionate, fickle, irrational and emotional. Off the back of 3 straight losses this place was never going to be full of cheer and many discussions were bound to be had, just that they’re topics that you don’t enjoy. When we’re playing well this place is awash with threads celebrating players, coaches, recruitment, management hierarchy etc, it’s going to swing both ways.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I didn't sense the OP was angry, disappointed or miserable. Simpley a bit of a prat. I think that all I said was this is a shit thread. A silly arse poll that includes only two of our 3 relegation rivals? The respondent seems t:)o think I'm odd for finding it tedious. How sad. Never mind.
Disappointed in your replies Harry:) I am neither a prat or attention seeking by ringing my hands at our recent defeat, quite the opposite in fact. I posted the poll to gauge how other supporters felt the chances our nearest relegation rivals have of avoiding the drop. In my opinion Fulham are still in a worse position than us. West Brom dont come into it cos they would have to go on a tremendous run to relegate 2 of the mentioned 3......not impossible granted but not what I perceived as probable.
All about opinions dont you think?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I went for the fence option.

It’s a straight three-way fight and impossible to call at this stage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Disappointed in your replies Harry:) I am neither a prat or attention seeking by ringing my hands at our recent defeat, quite the opposite in fact. I posted the poll to gauge how other supporters felt the chances our nearest relegation rivals have of avoiding the drop. In my opinion Fulham are still in a worse position than us. West Brom dont come into it cos they would have to go on a tremendous run to relegate 2 of the mentioned 3......not impossible granted but not what I perceived as probable.
All about opinions dont you think?

Apologies. Fair enough. I stumbled across a few Porter Out posts elsewhere, and multiple threads on the same theme and instead of doing what I did yesterday (not look at NSC) I reacted. For what it's worth I think that of the 3 (WBA, Fulham and Newcastle) WBA are the most dangerous because of Big Sam. At the same time (i) I'd be astonished if we go down (ii) if we do go down I'd expect Potter to bring us back up in one go and (iii) yet I'd not blink if the owner decided to change the manager. Maybe I'm a dullard but having lived through Albion times from 1969, the mediocrity, the rise, the fall, the near death and the slow recovery, I can understand that 3 defeats on the bounce in the EPL is annoying, but it is extremely hard to discuss the real issues (reasons why have we so few points) when it takes only minutes for some 'Potter out' goon (not you!) to tackle the thread from behind and disable it with the equivalent of a cruciate ligament rupture. Anyway, apologies for calling you a prat.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Newcastle 100% , their squad depth will find them out , I actually feel a bit sorry for Person Potato Head, he's working in a hostile environment with a awful owner self entitled fans and bang average players .

Garfield

Feb 28, 2021
It looks like us v Newcastle may be season defining!

Fulham are spirited if nothing else, and I can only look in sheer jealousy at them having a very good fearless striker like Mitrovic on their bench, week after week....

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Running TheFishy this morning I have us on 31, Fulham on 30, WBA on 25 & Sheff Utd 19.
That's with Fulham winning v Newcastle.
For us Leeds and West Ham at home are the biggest mid table must wins along with the game against Newcastle.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Apologies. Fair enough. I stumbled across a few Porter Out posts elsewhere, and multiple threads on the same theme and instead of doing what I did yesterday (not look at NSC) I reacted. For what it's worth I think that of the 3 (WBA, Fulham and Newcastle) WBA are the most dangerous because of Big Sam. At the same time (i) I'd be astonished if we go down (ii) if we do go down I'd expect Potter to bring us back up in one go and (iii) yet I'd not blink if the owner decided to change the manager. Maybe I'm a dullard but having lived through Albion times from 1969, the mediocrity, the rise, the fall, the near death and the slow recovery, I can understand that 3 defeats on the bounce in the EPL is annoying, but it is extremely hard to discuss the real issues (reasons why have we so few points) when it takes only minutes for some 'Potter out' goon (not you!) to tackle the thread from behind and disable it with the equivalent of a cruciate ligament rupture. Anyway, apologies for calling you a prat.

No worries :thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
The next six games could make or break the season for one of us.

The average position of opposition is fairly similar, with Newcastle's being 8th, Ours, 10th and Fulham's 12th.

Although that doesn't tell the whole story as Fulham's actual opponents are Liverpool, Man City, Leeds, Villa, Wolves & Arsenal, who on their day this season, either one could steam roller them.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If I had a free bet it would go on Newcastle, the whole club is in turmoil looking from the outside in .

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We are the best side of the three by a distance. Better team in all three games against the others, our problem as shown by those three games is we only won one.
No idea how it will actually pan out but I'd take our squad over either of theirs...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Fulham winning @ Liverpool at half-time :eek:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The next six games could make or break the season for one of us.

The average position of opposition is fairly similar, with Newcastle's being 8th, Ours, 10th and Fulham's 12th.

Although that doesn't tell the whole story as Fulham's actual opponents are Liverpool, Man City, Leeds, Villa, Wolves & Arsenal, who on their day this season, either one could steam roller them.

Well, Liverpool are on their day again...i.e bloody awful....and Fulham are winning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here