Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] A paedophile priest high on crystal meth told how he wanted to sacrifice babies to Satan.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure that’s completely correct what you’ve stated?

Yes that’s the Higgs Boson.

Nobel prize winning physicist Leon M Lederman wrote ‘The God Particle: if the universe is the answer what is the question?’ as a history of particle physics. He said he wanted to call it ‘The Goddam Particle’ but they would let him - only because the theory was sound but at that time they had no way of proving it existed - until CERN. The term has been jumped on by religious and the spiritual ever since.

Has led to a good joke though…

"Higgs boson walks into a church, and the priest says, 'I'm sorry we don't allow Higgs bosons to come to churches.' And [the Higgs] says, 'But without me, you can't have mass.'"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No doubt, its just the way the C of E will effectively do the christian thing and not cast him out into the wilderness when he gets out that will probably upset a few people.
In my experience, I used to work on occasion with someone within the Anglican Church for whom a part of their responsibility was Safeguarding and specifically the question of known sex offenders in the life of the Church - not priests, but just normal people who wanted to come back in to the life of the Church. They were enormously careful and it was fiercely policed. I doubt whether he will ever get a licence to preach again.

A few years ago a Church Minister (not an Anglican) in Hampshire was convicted of Child related sexual offences. He received a Life sentence..... and deserved it.

If this bloke does go to prison, and then does want to get back in to Church Life again afterwards, even if only as a worshipper, I would hope and trust he would be very carefully handled to ensure the safety of everyone else.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I personally think people who believe in no God need to stop trying to force their beliefs onto others who do believe in God. Why is it always the atheist who preaches their view so adamantly as if they’ve got the proof? Some of them get so angry it’s almost hypocritical to claim they’ve figured it all out but yet can’t even understand or control their own temper and emotions!

So all this God stuff going on for 1000’s of years, all these people now doing things like meditation and yoga, all these people who meet up in religious buildings to share the same core beliefs, is just a load of tosh because people on an internet football forum can prove its no true?

Okay. I’m convinced. We are all just peices of material

There’s no proof either side of the argument and we’re still pretty limited in terms of what we know in relation to the mind and soul. Things like the God particle are very much debated as well as the view that science snd spirituality are coming closer and closer, but of course if you go on a football forum or a YouTube comments section etc, you’ll be debating with people who prefer to use the same old crappy argument of ‘earthquakes and peado’s prove their is no God.’
you can dance on the head of the pin around "proof" all day long. lets talk evidence: there is plenty of evidence on one side, nothing on the other. no one forces you to not believe, i couldn't reconcile the belief of a good and omnisicent god with the evidence.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Yes that’s the Higgs Boson.

Nobel prize winning physicist Leon M Lederman wrote ‘The God Particle: if the universe is the answer what is the question?’ as a history of particle physics. He said he wanted to call it ‘The Goddam Particle’ but they would let him - only because the theory was sound but at that time they had no way of proving it existed - until CERN. The term has been jumped on by religious and the spiritual ever since.

Has led to a good joke though…

"Higgs boson walks into a church, and the priest says, 'I'm sorry we don't allow Higgs bosons to come to churches.' And [the Higgs] says, 'But without me, you can't have mass.'"
Im confused with the joke as the link claims
you can dance on the head of the pin around "proof" all day long. lets talk evidence there is plenty of evidence on one side, nothing on the other. no one forces you to not believe, i couldn't reconcile the belief of a good and omnisicent god with the evidence.
What’s your evidence that meditation and prayer doesn’t work then?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Which God are you referring to? Across the planet there are thousands of Gods that people believe in.
Religious people routinely write off other peoples Gods that they are 100% convinced definitely do not exist……….because their choice of God can be the only real one.

That is rubbish. It's certainly not true right across the board. "Some religious people"..... maybe, but it's a crass generalisation.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
What’s your evidence that meditation and prayer doesn’t work then?
i have not claimed they don't work. do you have evidence they do?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
That is rubbish. It's certainly not true right across the board. "Some religious people"..... maybe, but it's a crass generalisation.
people have and still do fight wars over the interpretation of a god, let alone different gods. you might be more broad minded, its fair to say that globally, most religious people dismiss other religion's gods. it's often a requirement.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
i dont claim they dont work. do you have evidence they do?
No I don’t have any evidences

All I’ve got is my own personal experience and I definitely wouldn’t call that evidence. I think the only evidence out there are things we’ve had banned and kept away from society (Psychedelics). I’d love to try that Hyausca (if that’s how you spell it) experience, and DMT sounds very interesting, but unfortunately our Goddless society right now will blindly follow the narrative that all Psychedlics are evil and anyone using them is a nutter, just take a look at the constant abuse Swansman received just for smoking cannabis!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

All I’ve got is my own personal experience and I definitely wouldn’t call that evidence. I think the only evidence out there are things we’ve had banned and kept away from society (Psychedelics). I’d love to try that Hyausca (if that’s how you spell it) experience, and DMT sounds very interesting, but unfortunately our Goddless society right now will blindly follow the narrative that all Psychedlics are evil and anyone using them is a nutter, just take a look at the constant abuse Swansman received just for smoking cannabis!
DMT and SHROOMS are brilliant DMT only lasts about 20 minutes , SHROOMS about 6 to 8 hrs depending on intake ACID can be sublime and also fuerking awful ...METH is just a gutter drug , tried it , hated it , seen mates go down the pan , one of my mates murdered his wife in december , would not be f***ing told to leave it alone , started as a weekend thing ended up every day , continuously wired .......shittest drug on the planet.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I always liked Johan Cruyff's quote

"I’m not religious. In Spain all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works all matches must therefore end in a draw."

I noticed that a lot in the States at the NFL games. I remember thinking that if such a being existed they would probably have more important things to worry about than the outcome of a football match

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

sounds like argument in favour of spiritual experience through chemical induced physiological change, rather than following awkward inconsitent, contradictory, belief systems.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

So you want to use Psychedelics to affect all the senses, altering a person's thinking, sense of time and emotions.

They can cause a person to hallucinate—seeing or hearing things that do not exist or are distorted.

I would say you don't need to take them.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
people have and still do fight wars over the interpretation of a god, let alone different gods. you might be more broad minded, its fair to say that globally, most religious people dismiss other religion's gods. it's often a requirement.

fair enough, but I wasn’t thinking globally or historically. I was thinking in the context of what this thread was originally about - a paedophile priest in Worthing, which hits close to home because Worthing is where I was brought up between 1954 and 1972.

incidentally three of the major world faiths believe ultimately in the same God - Christianity, Judaism and Islam. So historically and currently any differences between adherents to those faiths are not down to their rejection of the other’s God, more about ways of getting to him/her/it.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
So you want to use Psychedelics to affect all the senses, altering a person's thinking, sense of time and emotions.

They can cause a person to hallucinate—seeing or hearing things that do not exist or are distorted.

That’s fair enough. They do have their dangers and you should be entitled to free choice of what to do with your mind. Choosing to not take them is absolutely fine if that’s your choice.

But if you want to know what psychedelics truly do to you, using the theory of needing evidence, then surely you have to try them?

We’ve all got different mental designs. I highly doubt we all experience psychedelics in the same way.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

psychedelics are being used to treat depression , adhd, and also used in palliative and terminal care , blinkered thinking such as yours is extremely unfortunate in the 21st century.

clearly you have very little real education on the matter.

that aside , meth is not a psychedelic , it is a shitty man made drug developed by the US military....who'd a thunk it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here