Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] A paedophile priest high on crystal meth told how he wanted to sacrifice babies to Satan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Then check it up yourself. At my job everyone seems to be talking about it.
You won't get me believing in god, mate. I don't care how many people have had a revelation. 80 Million people voted for Trump. A few hundred years ago the church burned 'witches' and most people were happy about that. The number of people who believe something is as much value to me as the strength of opinion of those who voted to trust in Truss.

The number of times I have been told to 'read properly' the 'evidence' about some tomfoolery or other....

No, you provide me with the evidence for your mystic enlightenment. I may read it. But I am no more going looking for it than I'm planning fishing for prairie oysters tomorrow.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
You won't get me believing in god, mate. I don't care how many people have had a revelation. 80 Million people voted for Trump. A few hundred years ago the church burned 'witches' and most people were happy about that. The number of people who believe something is as much value to me as the strength of opinion of those who voted to trust in Truss.

The number of times I have been told to 'read properly' the 'evidence' about some tomfoolery or other....

No, you provide me with the evidence for your mystic enlightenment. I may read it. But I am no more going looking for it than I'm planning fishing for prairie oysters tomorrow.

It’s totally fine not to believe in God. A lot of people don’t. No harm in doing so whatsoever. It’s just a bit silly to right of the concept of God based on needing evidence when there’s no actual evidence God doesn’t exist.
Best just to claim you don’t believe in God rather than state out your beliefs that there is definitely no God, unless you can show us the proof?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s totally fine not to believe in God. A lot of people don’t. No harm in doing so whatsoever. It’s just a bit silly to right of the concept of God based on needing evidence when there’s no actual evidence God doesn’t exist.
Best just to claim you don’t believe in God rather than state out your beliefs that there is definitely no God, unless you can show us the proof?
Don't start that one.

I believe my life is guided by fairies.

And if you can't disprove that, then I'm right. Innit.

That is nihilistic antilogic. I can't disprove that you are a prat. That means, according to your logic, that you probably are one. Crumbs!

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Don't start that one.

I believe my life is guided by fairies.

And if you can't disprove that, then I'm right. Innit.

That is nihilistic antilogic. I can't disprove that you are a prat. That means, according to your logic, that you probably are one. Crumbs!
If that’s what you believe, then you’re entitled to it. Who am I to tell you what’s going on in your mind and soul?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If that’s what you believe, then you’re entitled to it. Who am I to tell you what’s going on in your mind and soul?
Mate, I'm a scientist. I don't 'believe' anything. I weigh things up and if I need to do so, I assign a P value to them, and I bother to do so only when the reason is impactful, and a decision is required. I don't ponder the truth about unimportant things for the merry hell of it. Happy to argue about football nevertheless, because in the great scheme of things, football is meaningless.

And yet I like religion and belief. It would take too long for me to explain why.

All the best. :kiss:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Which God are you referring to? Across the planet there are thousands of Gods that people believe in.
Religious people routinely write off other peoples Gods that they are 100% convinced definitely do not exist……….because their choice of God can be the only real one.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Mate, I'm a scientist. I don't 'believe' anything. I weigh things up and if I need to do so, I assign a P value to them, and I bother to do so only when the reason is impactful, and a decision is required. I don't ponder the truth about unimportant things for the merry hell of it. Happy to argue about football nevertheless, because in the great scheme of things, football is meaningless.

And yet I like religion and belief. It would take too long for me to explain why.

All the best. :kiss:
I’m not expecting you to give him a go but Graham Hancock has quite an interesting story in relation to your point and how it fuelled him into the research he’s been doing.

Anyways, all the best to you too 👍

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
kiddy fiddling priests and earthquakes not enough for you?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I just don’t see how mythical beings up above change the fact that in all walks of life there are “good” and “bad” human beings.
And every possible infinitely different version in between
Good and bad football supporters
Good and bad solicitors
Good and bad builders
Good and bad nuclear physicists
Good and bad lift engineers
Good and bad Father Christmas’s
I mean, there might even be a couple of good Tory MP’s out there somewhere…

It’s just that some people are on the very bad side of bad like this priest, (who should have been sussed many years before now)
That’s what I don’t get really. How someone hasn’t thought that this was a deep down bad guy - amazing really.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just don’t see how mythical beings up above change the fact that in all walks of life there are “good” and “bad” human beings.
And every possible infinitely different version in between
Good and bad football supporters
Good and bad solicitors
Good and bad builders
Good and bad nuclear physicists
Good and bad lift engineers
Good and bad Father Christmas’s
I mean, there might even be a couple of good Tory MP’s out there somewhere…

It’s just that some people are on the very bad side of bad like this priest, (who should have been sussed many years before now)
That’s what I don’t get really. How someone hasn’t thought that this was a deep down bad guy - amazing really.
As an institution the church has a long history over covering up ‘it’s bad’. It’s all very well labeling someone bad, the real trouble comes when someone seemingly good decides to cover that up, move that bad person on to something else so as not to create a scandal or bad publicity.

The litany of abuse that has happened under the watch of the Diocese of Chichester stretches back decades, this guy has operated AFTER the inquiry of 2018 and all the convictions that happened under its watch.

They still run primary schools across Sussex, an institution with a long history of abusers in its ranks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why is it silly?
There's far more evidence that he doesn't exist than he does.

Anyway I think those of us that don't believe there is anything don't try and influence politics, leadership, morals, dominance and how you react anything like those that believe is some super being that created this shit storm of a planet.

I, like many don't have a problem who or what you believe in but please don't impose that belief on any part of my life that will directly affect how I want to live.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Why is it silly?
There's far more evidence that he doesn't exist than he does.

Anyway I think those of us that don't believe there is anything don't try and influence politics, leadership, morals, dominance and how you react anything like those that believe is some super being that created this shit storm of a planet.

I, like many don't have a problem who or what you believe in but please don't impose that belief on any part of my life that will directly affect how I want to live.
I personally think people who believe in no God need to stop trying to force their beliefs onto others who do believe in God. Why is it always the atheist who preaches their view so adamantly as if they’ve got the proof? Some of them get so angry it’s almost hypocritical to claim they’ve figured it all out but yet can’t even understand or control their own temper and emotions!

So all this God stuff going on for 1000’s of years, all these people now doing things like meditation and yoga, all these people who meet up in religious buildings to share the same core beliefs, is just a load of tosh because people on an internet football forum can prove its no true?

Okay. I’m convinced. We are all just peices of material

There’s no proof either side of the argument and we’re still pretty limited in terms of what we know in relation to the mind and soul. Things like the God particle are very much debated as well as the view that science snd spirituality are coming closer and closer, but of course if you go on a football forum or a YouTube comments section etc, you’ll be debating with people who prefer to use the same old crappy argument of ‘earthquakes and peado’s prove their is no God.’

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I personally think people who believe in no God need to stop trying to force their beliefs onto others who do believe in God. Why is it always the atheist who preaches their view so adamantly as if they’ve got the proof? Some of them get so angry it’s almost hypocritical to claim they’ve figured it all out but yet can’t even understand or control their own temper and emotions!

So all this God stuff going on for 1000’s of years, all these people now doing things like meditation and yoga, all these people who meet up in religious buildings to share the same core beliefs, is just a load of tosh because people on an internet football forum can prove its no true?

Okay. I’m convinced. We are all just peices of material

There’s no proof either side of the argument and we’re still pretty limited in terms of what we know in relation to the mind and soul. Things like the God particle are very much debated as well as the view that science snd spirituality are coming closer and closer, but of course if you go on a football forum or a YouTube comments section etc, you’ll be debating with people who prefer to use the same old crappy argument of ‘earthquakes and peado’s prove their is no God.’
Have you really just quoted the god particle as part of a debate linking science and spirituality?

The particle is the Higgs Boson, the author who wrote a history of particle physics and coined the term ‘God Particle’ only did so because his publisher wouldn’t let him call it the ‘goddamn particle’…

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Have you really just quoted the god particle as part of a debate linking science and spirituality?

The particle is the Higgs Boson, the author who wrote a history of particle physics and coined the term ‘God Particle’ only did so because his publisher wouldn’t let him call it the ‘goddamn particle’…
Not sure that’s completely correct what you’ve stated?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here