A messge from the Dark Star

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 14, 2010
Good luck to Dark Star. Its a great thing for the Albion to keep the beer local, it certainly makes me feel I'm at home when Im in Sussex having a Sussex Ale. Nice beer Dark Star, they serve it in various places around London as well

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Hophead was very tasty in Dick's before the game today. Sadly they were having some trouble with the Harveys and several cloudy pints had to be sent back. Must have been a dodgy barrel.

I like Harveys. I like Dark Star's stuff. And now and again I like to ring the changes by trying the guest beer from wherever our opponents have skulked in from. It's all good. *Easily pleased*

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Are you just pretending to be edgy and contrary, like a too-cool-for-school fifth former, merely for a rise?

Neither. Would rather drink nothing than drink shit. It's only a couple of hours every 10-14 days. Get over yourselves with your orgasming over which specific shit beers and specific shit pies you sell, only proper **** eat or drink at football ffs.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The way the club is being run at the moment regarding making money and profit. It would not suprise me if John Smith's came in. Also regarding catering even though I am not a fan of McDonalds which is the food version of John Smiths....I am very envious of the speed they can serve up they're crap food in their restaurants. At the Arsenal game I got to the queue at 1543 and got served with a pie and pint at 15.57. If it meant I could get a big Mac in 5 minutes like you can in McDonalds then I would be OK with that, but would rather drink Apple Juice than John Smith's Bitter.

Did anyone else notice that John Smith's was the 'Guest Ale' on the concourse yesterday. Isn't it against the trades description act to refer to that piss as 'Ale'?

I smell a conspiracy here. After the match the caterers will have found themselves with their order untouched, so on Tuesday they will mysteriously run-out of Harveys and it will be fizzy piss or nothing. If they sell it they will then say - this is popular - we must stock more of it etc... etc...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Neither. Would rather drink nothing than drink shit. It's only a couple of hours every 10-14 days. Get over yourselves with your orgasming over which specific shit beers and specific shit pies you sell, only proper **** eat or drink at football ffs.

Tch tch tch. Jealousy is such an ugly emotion!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did anyone else notice that John Smith's was the 'Guest Ale' on the concourse yesterday. Isn't it against the trades description act to refer to that piss as 'Ale'?

I smell a conspiracy here. After the match the caterers will have found themselves with their order untouched, so on Tuesday they will mysteriously run-out of Harveys and it will be fizzy piss or nothing. If they sell it they will then say - this is popular - we must stock more of it etc... etc...

John Smiths is brewed in Tadcaster which is reasonably close to Hull.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I can appreciate you may have that view after experiencing the catering at the Valley, hopefully we will get some Meantime in for the visit of the Addicts, whats not to like.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can't believe people are arguing about which is best from Partridge Piss and Lewes Dishwater. Ffs, both breweries do decent enough beers (eg their respective 1910/1859 Porters) but Hophead and Sussex Best both taste like watered down sick and "no real ale" really is the best option if those are the only Harveys/DS brews you can have. I'd rather listen to Attila's poetry than drink either.

A cultured beer drinker amongst the myriad of piss being salivated over. Agree 100% on the Porters.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Ah the green eyed monster. Come come. We know you'd like the same attitude towards your tipples at the Valley.

The most important thing from my perspective is that we don't sell out to a John Smiths and Fosters only approach. So unimaginative, so lacking in care and so resulting in me not staying on the concourse for a beer before and after the game.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A cultured beer drinker amongst the myriad of piss being salivated over. Agree 100% on the Porters.

Sorry this just comes across as really pretentious. Yes a couple of really nice porters, both of which are seasonal beers. Harveys brew Porter only in February. I am not sure of the Dark Star calendar, but Porter is not a regular.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

You won't get an invite to Seagulls Chat acting like that.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sorry this just comes across as really pretentious. Yes a couple of really nice porters, both of which are seasonal beers. Harveys brew Porter only in February. I am not sure of the Dark Star calendar, but Porter is not a regular.

Yep, apologies Cheesey. What I should have said was, we have the same taste buds where beer is concerned.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

The new caterers originally wanted to replace both ales with just John Smiths being made available, My brewery working friend promptly told them Harveys had a 4-year deal ... the new catering manager is from scouse land and doesn,t even live down here

Feb 14, 2010
The new caterers originally wanted to replace both ales with just John Smiths being made available, My brewery working friend promptly told them Harveys had a 4-year deal ... the new catering manager is from scouse land and doesn,t even live down here

Ah so the scousers knowledge of beer is about the same as their knowledge of football...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What a total twat.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Worrying for the future, I hope the club and who ever is in control sees the identity and thought behind selling local beer and food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports