Give Hepworth a go with mobile kiosks!

Their 'Sussex' is ridiculously good.

- - - Updated - - -

Give Hepworth a go with mobile kiosks!

Their 'Sussex' is ridiculously good.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bill Kings Horsham brewery is now brewing Festive again.

The Sussex is being brewed by the group that bought the KB brewery but it not brewed in Sussex and doesn't taste the same as the original KB Sussex did any one do the KB passport trail.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
The way the club is being run at the moment regarding making money and profit. It would not suprise me if John Smith's came in. Also regarding catering even though I am not a fan of McDonalds which is the food version of John Smiths....I am very envious of the speed they can serve up they're crap food in their restaurants. At the Arsenal game I got to the queue at 1543 and got served with a pie and pint at 15.57. If it meant I could get a big Mac in 5 minutes like you can in McDonalds then I would be OK with that, but would rather drink Apple Juice than John Smith's Bitter.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Can't believe people are arguing about which is best from Partridge Piss and Lewes Dishwater. Ffs, both breweries do decent enough beers (eg their respective 1910/1859 Porters) but Hophead and Sussex Best both taste like watered down sick and "no real ale" really is the best option if those are the only Harveys/DS brews you can have. I'd rather listen to Attila's poetry than drink either.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would drink Dark Star out of choice even at 20-30p more if available at kiosks. Because it's not though it's Harveys every time! Won't touch that lager muck and certainly wouldn't go near the filth that is John Smiths!!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The way the club is being run at the moment regarding making money and profit. It would not suprise me if John Smith's came in. Also regarding catering even though I am not a fan of McDonalds which is the food version of John Smiths....I am very envious of the speed they can serve up they're crap food in their restaurants. At the Arsenal game I got to the queue at 1543 and got served with a pie and pint at 15.57. If it meant I could get a big Mac in 5 minutes like you can in McDonalds then I would be OK with that, but would rather drink Apple Juice than John Smith's Bitter.

What and no pudding ? Tsk Barber grrrrr

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Can't believe people are arguing about which is best from Partridge Piss and Lewes Dishwater. Ffs, both breweries do decent enough beers (eg their respective 1910/1859 Porters) but Hophead and Sussex Best both taste like watered down sick and "no real ale" really is the best option if those are the only Harveys/DS brews you can have. I'd rather listen to Attila's poetry than drink either.

I like Charlton and I like having opposing fans on NSC and hey I even enjoy reading many of your posts, but just sometimes you do need to remember your own club has a message board too and I am sure they would love to here you expert assessment of their real ale selling policy,

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.

Breweries don't win awards for making piss. Either grow up or develop some taste buds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Breweries don't win awards for making piss. Either grow up or develop some taste buds.

I take awards with a pinch of salt; remember that Azure won an award for football catering the week before Barber gave them the elbow.

- - - Updated - - -

Brewdog!

- - - Updated - - -

Brewdog!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Are you just pretending to be edgy and contrary, like a too-cool-for-school fifth former, merely for a rise?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This

Get rid of that unfiltered Ouse water and get the London pride in ;)

I really don't get the splitters on here. Like others have posted, there are some beers I find anonymous (bit like listening to keane - not offensive but hardly challenging) and doom bar is one. But if it was the only real ale on offer I would drink it. I personally prefer armada to Harveys best, but I do still drink the Harveys in huge qualities at the amex.

What the club have done is stocked a product that is mass market and fulfils the promise of serving an ale. It would be good if hophead was more widely available but the hit and miss availability has stunted its chances.

But if we are taking orders then we should get Bengal IPA in. Superb drop it is.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I bet we've bumped into each other a few times.

I'm still trying to establish a beer ratio to getting kids home safely rule. Me and my wife are some way apart on what that should be.

For example, she said "two should be plenty"

and I replied "well that's what we have, 2 in The Eddy, 2 on the concourse before the game, and 2 in the Brasserie after..."

I feel your challenge thankfully I get the coach from Horsham so they do much of the work in getting my children home, I also like to think I am doing my bit to save the local economy in tough times the drinking is not for pleasure and my wife should support my one man quest to bring us out of the recession.
How about the club cut out the middle man and open a brewery at the stadium?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
London Pride has far less flavour than Harveys though...

Harvey's gives me heartburn. No idea why but it isn't just me by all accounts. Others that I know say the same.

It's good stuff, but you'd be happy to have the Crystal Palace drink of choice?

I don't car a monkeys what the Palace fans drink tbh. It's not as if LP is brewed in Croydon is it?

I like Tribute too but until we play Plymouth again, there's not much chance of getting that at the Amex.

I'm not complaining that harvey's is on sale at the club because it's great that the club are serving and supporting a local brew. I just don't like the stuff, but I'm not fussy as I'm happy to drink anything else that's being served anyway. :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Knobhead tastes like a Bromley brew to me.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'd like to see various local brews offered at the Amex that change on a match to match basis. If we can do it in the away end why not in the home ends. Variety is what will make. going to the Amex different from other grounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here