Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message to Tammy Abraham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think Tammy is unlikely, probably not completely out of the question but he would be very expensive and probably prefer to go to a club higher up the table. I could see him end up in Arsenal, Leicester or similar.

I'd much rather have Giroud.

I wonder why people keep mentioning him when they dont mention Lewandowski, Zlatan, Lukaku, Haaland etc? Its pretty much the same level of realism. Giroud will either stay at Chelsea or move to a club like Juventus/PSG/Bayern/Inter/Milan/Barca/Real. He is not coming to Brighton, its not happening. That he's been out of the Chelsea team at lengthy periods dont really reflect on his quality or his status in football.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Good grief. Hopeless, and hopelessly unsuited.

Better than we currently have and probably the type of player we need. At some point we are going to have to splash the cash on a striker.
Our current batch of strikers are on say £50k pw so to get better we really are going to have to go £100k pw if not we are just going to recycle average strikers.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tammy Abraham would be an absolutely incredible signing. Biggest signing in our history?? Think we would need to be absolutely smashing our transfer record to get him down here, £50m+?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Better than we currently have and probably the type of player we need. At some point we are going to have to splash the cash on a striker.
Our current batch of strikers are on say £50k pw so to get better we really are going to have to go £100k pw if not we are just going to recycle average strikers.

The problem with all of these fantasy premier league type discussions is they ignore the reality of our financial model.
Before we can look at increasing the wage structure to accomodate these types of players, we need to be selling players and making a profit.
The wage increase across the board would start impacting the annual losses too much otherwise.

After last season's £67m losses, I really can't see us looking to increase costs next season.
Hence Potter's comments the other day.

Would I really be confident that Tammy in, would improve the team so much, that Bissouma/White out wouldn't impact our results?
I really don't think so. Also at the moment I don't think we would get decent value for Bissouma or White anyway.

Maybe after a year of seeing what Caceido/Moder and Roberts/Clarke are capable of and hopefully increases in Bissouma/White's market value, we will be in a position to start increasing our wage structure.
Right now, I really can't see it happening.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Aquero would be nice .....ooops then I woke up

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sadly the truth.

I wonder if there’s a way around this though. What is Lallana on. Could they pay a player a lump sum as an alternative to a high wage?

There would be a hefty signing on fee as well as the wage.

We'll be outgunned in this battle

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

How much cash do you think the club has received in the last twelve months?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We need to get Locadia and Jahanbakhsh off the books - and their annual amortisation hit off the accounts - and probably get a big fee for Bissouma or White before we can even contemplate a big money striker signing.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The point of investing in the academy is to avoid paying daft wages to academy products from elsewhere. I would be very unhappy if the club were to go the way you are suggesting.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If we can't have Tammy, let's get Tim.my...?

tim-abraham.png

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd estimate there's more chance of our recruitment team perfecting human cloning and creating some sort of monstrous hybrid of Zamora, Murray and Ulloa than of Tammy Abraham playing for us.
Tony really needs to up the cloning department's budget.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Giroud would still be my dream striker for us. I’ve said it on here before - when he played for Arsenal down here and scored a couple, I think, he gave the best centre forward display I had ever seen live. He is so damn good. If we’re going to bust the bank, he’s the one I’d go for.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Suggested this a couple of years back and was widely pooh poohed by the "experts" on here.

Lad has gone on to score goals at the highest level for one of the biggest clubs in the country......yet still deemed not good enough for us by some.

We have Maupay who is lets face it shite, Welbeck who is constantly injured, Connelly who couldn't finish the Daily Sport sudoku, Zequiri the modern day CMS minus the hair and Percy Tau who clearly deemed not good enough or the right fit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Should have gone in for pukki in the summer, would have been a decent cheap option in our price range.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I love the assumptions on here that our recruitment department are somehow unaware of all of the woulda/shoulda/coulda options posted on these threads.

I suspect we have made enquiries on every single one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Giroud would still be my dream striker for us. I’ve said it on here before - when he played for Arsenal down here and scored a couple, I think, he gave the best centre forward display I had ever seen live. He is so damn good. If we’re going to bust the bank, he’s the one I’d go for.

Why would we he join us ? He could easy get picked up by a CL team abroad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here