Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message to Tammy Abraham

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I keep saying that Welbeck has not had a run in the side or started many games yet.
Harsh to judge him until he does, he has scored a superb goal for us though.
Lallana has had some really good games as well.
Its whats we have got for the time being, we need both fit and playing.

NM will start scoring every other game Before that’s likely to happen with any regularity, sadly
Although the stars could align and both events coincide

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He would be a magnificent signing for us.

But he'll go to West Ham

Or someone who'll pay a striker £130k p/w

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I'd give Jahanbaskh, Andone, Izquierdo, Lallana and Welbeck and MILLIONS of Tony's money if we could have Toney and Abraham.
I'd sell my soul for a goal against a struggling PL team.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Toney wasn't ready for the Premier League, and wasn't going to sign for a club who might loan him out. If he was going to sign for a club who would loan him out, he wouldn't chose one which could be relegated to the Championship where he wouldn't want to be after a season in the Championship. The reality is that we probably weren't players in the bidding for him, that's the reality and I don't criticise the club for it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn't we nearly sign him a few years ago on a season-long loan, but then baulked when he/his agent wanted a £1m signing on fee ? I think thats when he went to Swansea instead.

Yes, but he (or his entourage) were greedy, Now he is tainted with Chelsea wages, and I doubt if he would take a pay cut, even if the lower rate was still mind-boggling to normal people.
Giroud might be a better bet - won't come cheap either as also tainted by Chelsea wages, but he is nearer the end of his career than the beginning, so he might be expecting future contracts to be less, or at least see reason about it. He will no doubt have amassed a considerable fortune by now and be less avaricious as a result.
Still will cost a lot though, but .....................
Anyway, he's a better player than Tammy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't we nearly sign him a few years ago on a season-long loan, but then baulked when he/his agent wanted a £1m signing on fee ? I think thats when he went to Swansea instead.

He wanted an extra million, but it wasn't a signing on fee, it was for his family.
Tony Bloom won't be held to ransom by anybody.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He would be a magnificent signing for us.

But he'll go to West Ham

Or someone who'll pay a striker £130k p/w

Sadly the truth.

I wonder if there’s a way around this though. What is Lallana on. Could they pay a player a lump sum as an alternative to a high wage?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I keep saying that Welbeck has not had a run in the side or started many games yet.
Harsh to judge him until he does, he has scored a superb goal for us though.
Lallana has had some really good games as well.
Its whats we have got for the time being, we need both fit and playing.

Both will never be fit long enough to get a run ,thats why we were allowed to sign them . The same goes for Lamptey . Great player and I think as much as him wanting regular footy. Chelsea also knew he was a tad fragile compared to the others coming through ..ie James. Thats why they let him go relatively cheap

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Who cares about the baggage he’s a natural finisher and would suit us to perfection if I were tb I’d be going all in on Abraham I’m sure lamptey could have a wee word in his ear too
Word in his ear? Crikey he would need a step ladder!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here