Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A (lifetime) ban for abusing an Albion player on twitter/NSC/wherever?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's just about weeding out the utter plonkers who go after players on twitter, right? What's the problem with this? Barber IN

Wrong-i see no reference to Twitter or utter plonkers only. Much wider interpretation implied.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a nice " Cover All " policy which means The Club can take action against hecklers and Twatters who , in their opinion, cross the line. Probably never going to be actively enforced. Anyone who wishes to vent their spleen still has the option to abuse the refereeing unit though as they aren't covered by being employees.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
last season and friend and I ordered a couple of pints, the young lad behind the counter decided to read and then start replying to a text before getting the pints, after a couple of minutes my friend ask (nicely) if it would take much longer to which the young lad said he was not surviving us as we were being abusive and stormed off. Luckily the young lady on the till next to us heard everything and started getting the pints for us during which time the supervisor had come over to start having a go at us as we had apparently upset the lad and we were out of order etc etc?. The young lady was great and backed us up that we had not done anything wrong, had she of not done that would we have had a Ban?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Basically it's just about respecting common decency right? You can say "Dunk had a bad game" on Twitter but not "@lewisdunk, I thought you were shit today".

I never understand the need to calls players attention to criticism as it's just a needless provocation. Some can deal with it and shrug it off, some will react.

Isn't this just a reminder to play nice?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Anybody else find this quote from the link more than a tad SINISTER? ???

‘Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club...'

OBEY

Good name of the club is a matter of opinion anyway.
That sort of quote should be reserved for staff and casual employees of the club. You wouldn't expect American Express customers to be responsible for upholding the good name of the company would you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here