Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A-level Results Day

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
ok, to put it in blunter terms , i think its a subject not worthy of a degree course, which you to be honest you knew , if you want to comment on my posts why not make it worthwhile , otherwise why not just f*** off until you come up with something worth replying to, cock.

I think it's worthy of a degree course if the course includes a large amount of industry experience - tourism management strikes me as an industry where experience is key. Hard to say that it's less useful as a subject than Anglo Saxon, Norse and Celtic!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Results day means one thing, a plethora of 18 year olds heading into Brighton town to celebrate or drown their sorrows in alcohol - I shall be there to help them along!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Congratielations to everyone!

Hope everyone's doing meaningful courses at Uni.

Can't wait to see new faces at Sainsbury's in september! The place needs bit of shaking up :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Results day means one thing, a plethora of 18 year olds heading into Brighton town to celebrate or drown their sorrows in alcohol - I shall be there to help them along!

I'm dreading the phone call i'm going to get later. My son (who doesn't drink at all) has just got A*AB, a place at sussex and gone into town with his mates. He isn't 18 till next week, so i'm hoping he doesn't get served - some chance ! :drink::drink::sick:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ok, to put it in blunter terms , i think its a subject not worthy of a degree course, which you to be honest you knew , if you want to comment on my posts why not make it worthwhile , otherwise why not just f*** off until you come up with something worth replying to, cock.

Pipe down.

1. Nowhere has the chap actually confirmed that it even IS a degree course. It might well be a BTEC or equivalent.
2. Either way, if the course exists, and he feels it will help him achive his goals, who are you to question his decision?
3. No need for the aggression.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Their not that easy. I did 3 last year and got 3 A's but had to work quiet hard and I can definitely say their not easy.

Well I did another one recently after doing Maths English and Physics in 1981,..I did History at night school, one evening a week for one school year,... breezed to a B with not much effort .. so easier than I remembered....

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can't be bothered to read thread but those A levels, they're getting easier and easier.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Their not that easy. I did 3 last year and got 3 A's but had to work quiet hard and I can definitely say their not easy.

I said my last post a s a joke, then read this. You got 3 A's with written English like that? f***ing hell.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Here you go then. As a scientist you will understand this.

fanchart.JPG

well this makes no sense. A* was only introduced for A2's last year.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Not that im waiting on my A-levels but last year I was. I went up to Blatch to get the brown envelope and got my BCD. I scraped on to my course at Portsmouth - I needed 260 points but only 160 needed to be from full A-levels. My c in Sociology got me in to my course. Now i'm getting ready for my second year, and i'm also a trainee manager at my store with a view to go salaried after i've finished Uni.

The A*A*A people are smart, but not always in the best positions. Also the amount of people bragging about OxBridge this time last year, who get their results and see that acutally they're not going to OxBridge is staggering. They'll be predicted AAA or A*AA and "only" actually get ABB.

But in 3 years time these A levels mean relatively little if you go to Uni.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not that im waiting on my A-levels but last year I was. I went up to Blatch to get the brown envelope and got my BCD. I scraped on to my course at Portsmouth - I needed 260 points but only 160 needed to be from full A-levels. My c in Sociology got me in to my course. Now i'm getting ready for my second year, and i'm also a trainee manager at my store with a view to go salaried after i've finished Uni.

The A*A*A people are smart, but not always in the best positions. Also the amount of people bragging about OxBridge this time last year, who get their results and see that acutally they're not going to OxBridge is staggering. They'll be predicted AAA or A*AA and "only" actually get ABB.

But in 3 years time these A levels mean relatively little if you go to Uni.
what course are you on knee-on and what store are you looking at working in ?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
what course are you on knee-on and what store are you looking at working in ?

I study forensic computing - it's like the nerds on CSI only way less glam and much more mundane.
And I work at the London Road McDonalds - my location on here is wrong. 474 was my old store.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I study forensic computing - it's like the nerds on CSI only way less glam and much more mundane.
And I work at the London Road McDonalds - my location on here is wrong. 474 was my old store.
ffs mate you can surely do better than mcdonalds store manager with a degree in forensic computing ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here