Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A-level Results Day

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Tomorrow! :down:

Is anyone else on here (or any of your family) getting results?

(I'm doing Maths, Physics and Biology if anyone's interested)

Last edited:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Tomorrow! :down:

Is anyone else on here (or any of your family) getting results?

Yep, DD is getting AS level results...and a relative of ours is an Exams Officer so has already been into college this morning to download the results, and knows DD's results! He can't say anything though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Excellent, there's GUARANTEED to be pictures of FITTIES celebrating their results on the front of all the papers.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Can't believe it has been a year since I got my a level results, good luck everybody getting theirs tomorrow, hopefully a few more Albion fans can come and join me in York :thumbsup:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd like to take this opportunity to be the first this year to say A-Levels are getting easier.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Their not that easy. I did 3 last year and got 3 A's but had to work quiet hard and I can definitely say their not easy.

*They're/they're

I take it you didn't get an A in English Language then ???

:jester:

Edit: Beaten to it, doublefold...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The traditional a-levels are not getting easier

I reckon they definitely are.

And I can't wait for the inevitable picture of three blonde TRIPLETS from Guildford who have all got 4 As and who would, each of them and in turn, absolutely GET IT.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The traditional a-levels are not getting easier, however there is an increase in the number of easy a-levels.

I know but it's now traditional to say they are - see tomorrow's news.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Their not that easy. I did 3 last year and got 3 A's but had to work quiet hard and I can definitely say their not easy.

It's posts like this that make you realise the value of NSC. Gold.:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd like to take this opportunity to be the first this year to say A-Levels are getting easier.

As a former 'A' level examiner I would say that their (sic) not. The exams IMO are pretty tough, and are aimed at assessing candidates across the whole ability spectrum.

However the A level boards (which are profit making entities) are in competition with each other, and schools are drawn to those boards which produce the highest proportion of good grades. Pressure is subtly put upon the markers, when a paper is borderline, to nudge them northwards.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I reckon they definitely are.

I did a level chemistry and the easiest past papers we had to do were some of the oldest ones, the exam we sat was also regarded as the hardest chem paper set for at least 10 years, as well as the highest grade boundary for an A for years.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'm getting my AS results tomorrow. Not too nervous as there's always re-sits.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I did a level chemistry and we Could the easiest papers were some of the oldest ones, the exam we sat was also regarded as the hardest chem paper set for at least 10 years, as well as the highest grade boundary for an A for years.

I guess you didn't do the English one then :wink:

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I did every single past paper last year for Maths (about 16 of them; 2 a year) and I can defs say they gradually got harder!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
My younger brother's getting his AS results tomorrow. He doesn't support Brighton though, so I hope he does crap. That and he was arrogant enough to not bother do any revising. Guarantee you though he'll still do well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here