Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A fortnight today.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I can't believe you've just posted that? It's not a joking matter.
I find the idea vaguely amusing (not the idea of pickpocketing itself, obviously).
I would hope nobody would begin to take it seriously. Although I appreciate that doesn't necessarily come across in writing and I'm sorry I've clearly failed in this case.
I've deleted it now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I find the idea vaguely amusing (not the idea of pickpocketing itself, obviously).
I would hope nobody would begin to take it seriously. Although I appreciate that doesn't necessarily come across in writing and I'm sorry I've clearly failed in this case.
I've deleted it now.
No problem, and I've deleted the quote in my post.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
So why did my friends, who live locally, warn us every time, and others on this thread have agreed with me?

I'm not going, but would hate for any Albion fan to get robbed, so what harm is there in posting a warning on Nsc? You seem to be taking it personally.
I'm not taking it personally, just providing my insight as a local. I would say it is no worse or better than any other major European capital / tourist destination. A bit like all those who went to Marseille that were warned about marauding ultras, the reality is a probably somewhere in between.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I'll be waking up in Monastaraki Square, hopefully to a bit of sunshine, a day of eating gyros, drinking plenty of Mythos or Fix, watching The Albion play in The Europa League and then popping off to a Fat Boy Slim gig.

Thank you Albion - glass absolutley overflowing.
Enjoy! :drink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not taking it personally, just providing my insight as a local. I would say it is no worse or better than any other major European capital / tourist destination. A bit like all those who went to Marseille that were warned about marauding ultras, the reality is a probably somewhere in between.
Fair enough.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'll be waking up in Monastaraki Square, hopefully to a bit of sunshine, a day of eating gyros, drinking plenty of Mythos or Fix, watching The Albion play in The Europa League and then popping off to a Fat Boy Slim gig.

Thank you Albion - glass absolutley overflowing.
Careful with that overflowing glass now

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Cheeky day in Athens getting boozed up, Fatboy slim nightclub appearance ... One day back and off to Miami , where il be seeing Fatboy less than a week later in the legendary space club.

10 day stay in the sun at 'art basel' Miami's primo party week then back the next Wednesday, Marseille at home on the Thursday followed by arsenal away then palace away in quick succession.

Dreamworld.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Couple of splendid eating establishments sourced and booked, hopefully the plane times are (reasonably) accurate.

Just need to buy a small after shave balm and all set.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I shall be at home, as ever. But at least I won't be drinking Heineken from Bargain Booze - it will be Mythos from Bargain Booze. And quite glad I don't have to drink French wine when watching football again.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
One week to go - thought I'd have a quick look at the weather in Athens....

Looks decent (ish) 18/19 degrees on the Thursday.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
One week to go - thought I'd have a quick look at the weather in Athens....

Looks decent (ish) 18/19 degrees on the Thursday.
It's been quite rainy* out there recently, hoping it's cleared by Thursday.

(*although not as wet as Amsterdam!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here