Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A fantastic point today. Well done Poyet and the team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Disapointing ? A team who won their last 6 league games and at their home as well. I don't think so.

We set up too defensively and throughout the first half looked like a side content to play out the whole game as a draw. Much improved in the 2nd half and only a few minutes away from grabbing all 3 points , the last 5 minutes of regular time and the 4 minutes of stoppage time saw us in "panic mode".

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So that's 2 point from 2 games and Forest still have to go to Cardiff, not to mention their last game of season against Leicester!

You really dont have a clue do you?!

You waited 2 days to bounce that you spineless streak of piss ? As I said and today confirmed it Leicester are the team we need to bury. You really don't have a clue do you ?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Everyone would have taken a point today after Forest won their last 6 league games. As annoying as a late goal is, I will take it. Forest are not our rivals , for me they are play off bound now. It is between us and Leicester City. We took their place in the play offs today. You would believe it reading some of the stuff posted on here this evening.

Beat Charlton and then Leicester City and we will be at least 4 points ahead of Leicester City with 5 games to go and then it really is down to us to blow it.

Ankergren made a mistake. For those having a pop, have you never made a mistake in your lives ? Lets just hope PIG is back for the remaining 7 games as he will make the difference.

So all in all a great point today. Raise a glass, cheer the f up and get your lungs ready for Tuesday.

Sorry to be stupid but I am looking at the bigger picture and not getting hysterical about a very good point today. Leicester are our rivals now. It is us or Leicester now. Let Forest go and do their thing.

You waited 2 days to bounce that you spineless streak of piss ? As I said and today confirmed it Leicester are the team we need to bury. You really don't have a clue do you ?

Spineless! Ha ha!

Yes we need to bury Leicester but FOREST ARE STILL OUR RIVALS!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just do one fella. I am not in the mood to deal with the braindead this evening. I can almost imagine you were hovering over the keyboard waiting to have a pop. Infact my point Saturday was thoroughly proved by the fact of our 3 play off contenders, 2 lost and 1 got a point.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is no issue. It does not matter whether we come 3 4 5 or 6. He was just being a troll and got a bite out of me so he can be happy. Job done.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but he had to wait until today to confirm that they only got a point today ("2 points from 2 games")

He seems to be pointing out that forest aren't pulling away from us, and they have a difficult run in, so we're to just looking at finishing above Leicester, but forest are catchable.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Even more of a choker is if we had hung on for three points on Saturday and then beaten Charlton, we would have moved above Palarse :)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but he had to wait until today to confirm that they only got a point today ("2 points from 2 games")

He seems to be pointing out that forest aren't pulling away from us, and they have a difficult run in, so we're to just looking at finishing above Leicester, but forest are catchable.

Correct! Had I come on here on Saturday US was in no mood to hear others' views. Today we have a little proof.

The problem with your scenario US, is that if we lose to Leicester, that might give them the impetus to push on from there, and mean we are then focussing on other teams, Forest very much included( particularly as they play Leicester last game of season).

It is a dangerous philospohy to purely focus upon one team as our "rival".

Anyway, enough of this, and here's to 6 points in next 2 games to make it reasonably academic!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Even more of a choker is if we had hung on for three points on Saturday and then beaten Charlton, we would have moved above Palarse :)

After my outburst on saturday, i'm afraid that is the way I am still thinking, plus the insurance of 2 extra points if we drop a few in the run in.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Why take one point when you could have three?

One is better than none,which it could have been but for Anks performance, before his massive error.One needs to look at the overall picture before making rash judgments.
I have never been a fan of Anks, but I feel he has been harshley judged on this forum.
The moral is Get Behind The Team, not on their backs.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Correct! Had I come on here on Saturday US was in no mood to hear others' views. Today we have a little proof.

The problem with your scenario US, is that if we lose to Leicester, that might give them the impetus to push on from there, and mean we are then focussing on other teams, Forest very much included( particularly as they play Leicester last game of season).

It is a dangerous philospohy to purely focus upon one team as our "rival".

Anyway, enough of this, and here's to 6 points in next 2 games to make it reasonably academic!

Fair enough. It just seemed your initial reply was a little rude. Sorry if my reply was a tad Robust.

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
Only just got some free time since Saturday.

I think all in all, a draw was probably fair. I think we were very disappointed not to have gone in at half-time infront, sadly our strikers don't score enough at the minute.

Second half you came out with more about you, and although I don't believe Cohen's tackle was a foul that led to the goal, we still had two chances to prevent it. Thought whoever it took a deflection off could have done better though, they turned their face away when if they were looking, could have put a foot in the way.

I can completely see why any of you would be disappointed at not winning, if you're 2-1 up on 90 mins, you expect to finish it off, but I think we would have been somewhat short-changed to have got nothing out of the game, just unfortunate that it was down to an error, got to feel for Ankergen (sp) he's been out the side for a while hasn't he? So tough on him.

The game was mostly as I expected to be honest. You saw everything about us in 90 mins, some good football, high tempo stuff at times and pressuring. But also how the tempo suddenly slows down around the box, how we're prone to switching off at the back, and most of all, we lack pace. If we had the pace we'd be able to exploit the space we find when attacking, but we don't and it gives the oppoisition time to get back in.

I thought Ulloa was brilliant for you. Held the ball up fantastically, took a beating at times, but also gives is back and does all the clever sneaky things, like quick pushes and nudges to get defenders off balance. He's a classy guy.

Hopefully you'll stuff Leicester on Saturday, and we can get the win and we'll start to see the play-off places become solidified.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Hopefully you will accept this bounce in the jovial way it is intended US, after our little tiff on this thread previously.

Billy Davies must be cursing you for bigging Forest up. 3 points from the 5 games since you did!:laugh:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You really dont have a clue do you?!

:lol: Isn't NSC brilliant :D Two perfectly decent people slagging each other off.

Right, whose side shall I join? Think I'll join US, he needs the love. How d'ya like them apples chimneys! Didn't manage the marathon this year did ya - too much for ya was it? (I don't think you did the marathon this year, but well done if you did :) )

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hopefully you will accept this bounce in the jovial way it is intended US, after our little tiff on this thread previously.

Billy Davies must be cursing you for bigging Forest up. 3 points from the 5 games since you did!:laugh:

And my point that the point was great has held to be valid. If we make the place offs great, if not I aint going to be losing any sleep over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here