Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A fantastic point today. Well done Poyet and the team.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
This is only the second season (since our glory days) that we've been getting the gates of a 'big' team, many of the other teams in this division have either been in the premier league recently or have been getting big gates for a lot longer than we have. Because of this those clubs have a better chance of paying a better quality keeper to sit on the bench. We do have some quality on the bench but not for every single position. This is the reality of the situation and we're having a very decent season in spite of it all.

Sorry to be stupid but I am looking at the bigger picture and not getting hysterical about a very good point today. Leicester are our rivals now. It is us or Leicester now. Let Forest go and do their thing.
It's not just about reaching the playoffs. It's about who we might get to play in the playoffs. That goal might be the one that condemns us to play Watford home and away, rather than Palace. And I know which will be the easiest route to Wembley.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not just about reaching the playoffs. It's about who we might get to play in the playoffs. That goal might be the one that condemns us to play Watford home and away, rather than Palace. And I know which will be the easiest route to Wembley.

We will beat either so whats the problem ?

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Admirable sentiment, but "fantastic" is definitely overstating it. Good, but disappointing, point. People do need to wind in the abuse a bit.

I agree with this statement. A point would have been very pleasing before the match, but after the position we were in, it's actually a little disappointing. It's not the end of the world and I'm still happy to get the point and 6th place in the table, but we could have had 5th so I could be happier.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
IF we make the play offs, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up playing Forest in the semi-final.......I can see something like this happening:

Cardiff 87
Hull 80
Watford 77
Forest 74
Brighton 72
Crystal Palace 72

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a gd point for sure esp with perfect results elsewhere. Annoying to concede so late in the fashion we did but with a depleted squad we competed well. Positive.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
The fact that we didn't get all 3 points after going 2-1 up against a team who are on a great run is exactly why the result is so disappointing because nothing is guaranteed in this division. I don't see how you can say a point today in the circumstances is ok because neither Charlton or Leicester will be a nailed on 3 points.

There's been some crazy results in this league this season, so you've got to maximise your chances. We nearly did today except for a horrendous error by our goalie. I know individual players make mistakes now and again, but that's exactly why Gus got P.I.G. because the other 2 have cost us a fair few points between them when they've played.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Forest are our rivals. they have still to play Leicester, and are not as good as us. We SHOULD have won if Poyet had allowed the lads to keep goinf forward to relieve pressure on out shakey defense.

Our shaky defence that has the best record in the division?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Looking at the remaining fixtures, I believe it is between us and Leicester. And even if we lose the match against them, I think we could still be in with a chance as their run in is tough.

Can't see us losing another game it just depends on how many we win, there seems to be more of a resolve now and Ulloa is what we have been missing since that bloke went to Cp

IF we make the play offs, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up playing Forest in the semi-final.......I can see something like this happening:

Cardiff 87
Hull 80
Watford 77
Forest 74
Brighton 72
Crystal Palace 72

I would now predict a final table like this:-

91 Cardiff City
84 Hull City
------------------------------------
79 Watford
77 Crystal Palace
72 Nottingham Forest
71 Brighton & Hove Albion
69 Leicester City
64 Bolton Wanderers
64 Middlesbrough
62 Millwall

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would now predict a final table like this:-

91 Cardiff City
84 Hull City
79 Watford
77 Crystal Palace
72 Nottingham Forest
71 Brighton & Hove Albion
69 Leicester City
64 Bolton Wanderers
64 Middlesbrough
62 Millwall

What did you see as being our 11 points from the remaining seven?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Trying to predict correctly in this league is as good as impossible ...not looking beyond hopefully an enjoyable game on Tuesday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here