Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A certain club splashing the cash.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But still heading down the same blind alley. They'll be going into administration within 3 years again.

No chance at all. Whether you agree with their choice of players or not, they are spending relatively sensibly. Their board, comedy haircuts aside, are decent and will not allow financial mismanagement as seen before and, like it or not, Palace have been nicely set up for the next few years after their success of last season.

DFW

Jun 6, 2013
Well considering they've either come from Championship clubs or can't get into their Premiershite teams, I'd say they are. All that & bleedin' Barry Bannon on a 3 year deal to boot? Your mob have lost the plot.

Chamakh - Prem
Bentdner - Prem
Campana - La Liga
Bannan - Prem

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Barry Bannan saying that he joined them because of that illiterate worzel. A few months time he will regret that decision

I bet there wasn't any shortage of Villa fans offering to drive him down to Palace today. I bet it was gridlock around VP within 5 minutes of the news breaking.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
No Zaha No Murray.

Be Honest without those two last season you would have been facing your usual Championship relegation fight. Without them this season you will be relegated by February - unless you sign someone decent.

Major...you are starting to lose it big time. It really is getting to you. You could not wait to slaughter Zaha last season and yet now you are saying he was the main reason we went up.

Anyhow, I'm happy so far with the signings, and yes Dobbie off on loan is rather quick, but our squad is growing, especially in midfield and that deal was done before we even knew we were going up. Campana, Williams, Puncheon, Jedi, KG, Bannan, Thomas to name but a few ahead of him now. Rather he is playing and keeping match fit, just in case we need to recall him.

Will be tough this year, but so far I have been happy and a tad surprised that we are competing so well. Lose by a penalty to Spurs, and a bad 15 minutes against Stoke and then that much needed win before heading off to Moan U.

A few more over the line such as Kebe,Mariappa and Bannan and things are looking even better. Maybe we could even stay up !

I'm sure you would like a few of the players we have signed, you could at least be that gracious. Maybe one day you will get the chance of premier league, then you too will realise how tough it is to do any deal.

You need to be in or around play offs by January or I agree with other posters suggesting a few could well be off...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
No chance at all. Whether you agree with their choice of players or not, they are spending relatively sensibly. Their board, comedy haircuts aside, will not allow financial mismanagement as seen before and, like it or not, Palace have been nicely set up for the next few years after their success of last season.

What you say is correct - but surely it is all founded on someone else's money, and not their own. OK that is not unique to CPFC but their windfall of Prem money is a very artificial existence so not right to give them too much credit at this stage. If for some reason the Prem money vanishes (a la ITV) then they will be up Croydon creek without a paddle. It is a very 'live for today' outlook and hope nothing goes wrong between now and when the parachute money runs out.

The Zaha money and then the Prem windfall has meant that CPFC 2010 haven't had to stump up the sort of cash they would have to keep them ticking over. They must be very relieved.

We may not be in financial equilibrium as a Club either but you can see a positive direction of travel based and a Chairman who has given a commitment to turn his loan into shares so our destiny is very much within our hands rather than a third party. Plus FFP will makes us leaner and meaner so any subsequent windfall could be doubly beneficial.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Chamakh - Prem
Bentdner - Prem
Campana - La Liga
Bannan - Prem

Oh I do beg your pardon, I forgot about the youngster you brought in from Sevilla. Maybe he'll be a top player, but he's got a lot to prove over here. And since when has Bentdner joined in with your jolly party? If he was half as good as he thinks he is, he'd be a world beater.

DFW

Jun 6, 2013
Oh I do beg your pardon, I forgot about the youngster you brought in Savilla. Maybe he'll be a top player, but he's got a lot to prove over here. And since when has Bentdner joined in with your jolly party? If he was half as good as he thinks he is, he'd be a world beater.

Bentdner will sign (that's not a guess). The youngster from Sevilla is Spain under 21 captain.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
No chance at all. Whether you agree with their choice of players or not, they are spending relatively sensibly. Their board, comedy haircuts aside, are decent and will not allow financial mismanagement as seen before and, like it or not, Palace have been nicely set up for the next few years after their success of last season.

And here speaks a voice of reason.
Listen to your leader .

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bentdner will sign (that's not a guess). The youngster from Sevilla is Spain under 21 captain.

What do you want, a medal? Here's an idea: why not jog along & celebrate your fantastic transfer dealings with all your chums on the BBS or The Holmesdale? :thumbsup:

Major...you are starting to lose it big time. It really is getting to you. You could not wait to slaughter Zaha last season and yet now you are saying he was the main reason we went up.

Anyhow, I'm happy so far with the signings, and yes Dobbie off on loan is rather quick, but our squad is growing, especially in midfield and that deal was done before we even knew we were going up. Campana, Williams, Puncheon, Jedi, KG, Bannan, Thomas to name but a few ahead of him now. Rather he is playing and keeping match fit, just in case we need to recall him.

Will be tough this year, but so far I have been happy and a tad surprised that we are competing so well. Lose by a penalty to Spurs, and a bad 15 minutes against Stoke and then that much needed win before heading off to Moan U.

A few more over the line such as Kebe,Mariappa and Bannan and things are looking even better. Maybe we could even stay up !

I'm sure you would like a few of the players we have signed, you could at least be that gracious. Maybe one day you will get the chance of premier league, then you too will realise how tough it is to do any deal.

You need to be in or around play offs by January or I agree with other posters suggesting a few could well be off...

I've never rated Zaha - but he was one of your better players and got you through the Play Offs into the promise land.

However, I am surprised at the quality and quantity of players you are signing. I do appreciate that it is difficult for you to attract the better players because of the ground and poor support etc - I think if you could have got Bent then you may have stayed up.

I thought a wise move for you would have to have stuck with the players that got you up and give it a go and save the money and buy wisely or invest it in the ground. It seems your Club (or Holloway) has gone for the buy as many as possible and hope some will work route. It is going to be very difficult to blend that amount of new players into a decent team - plus I should imagine that those you were with you last season will be demotivated by seeing such an influx of new faces (faeces?)

I genuinely believe had we been promoted then we would have purchased a smaller amount of players but better quality than you have as we have a better base of players and infrastructure than you (Bridge would have stayed if we had gone up).

Anyway it will be exciting for you and enjoyable for us to see how you go .:thumbsup:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

What are you doing on here? Who the hell on here wants to know about the in's and out's of your pile of dirge. The only reason you are on here is because you got promoted . If I was Bozza I would ban the bloody lot of you. I did praise your fans the other day, because they deserved it. As for the rest of the stuff surrounding Palace I'm fed up with it. If you were in The Championship you wouldn't post. Do you post on any other forums, ie Prem forums, no I bet you don't.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It could have been us but it's not. I imagine that many of their supporters and having a giggle at our expense but he/she who laughs first laughs last. Our policy will be to build from the youth set up which will enable the club to develop a future premiership team. Better to build on firm foundations.

If in fact they are having a giggle they are even dafter than I gave them credit for. Would you be giggling supporting a team that's going to get kicked off the park each week because they are out of their depth. And worse than that playing in a stadium that would be half decent if they were in the Conference ???

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
What are you doing on here? Who the hell on here wants to know about the in's and out's of your pile of dirge. The only reason you are on here is because you got promoted . If I was Bozza I would ban the bloody lot of you. I did praise your fans the other day, because they deserved it. As for the rest of the stuff surrounding Palace I'm fed up with it. If you were in The Championship you wouldn't post. Do you post on any other forums, ie Prem forums, no I bet you don't.

To be fair to the caravan club, if every other thread on here wasn't about our traveler friends from Croydon they wouldn't be on here every 5 mins. Personally I think they will get relegated but think they are doing the right thing not spending stupid money on players. If they do this right they will sort out their long term future. May not be the most popular post on here but this is how I see it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here