A British Aid Worker Beheaded by ISIS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We'll never know true figures and real opinions of Christians and Muslims. Many could agree with IS, many could agree with the crusades etc etc. it's unrealistic and fairly fallacious to argue the majority don't believe in this. We just don't know.

It's not unrealistic at all. That's bollocks. That's like saying for all we know most atheists probably agree with Stalin's genocide.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Millions of people all around the world protested against the war in Iraq in 2003 - but they didn't listen to us, all they could think about was economic gain. Atrocities like this was the inevitable result.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent people have already died, but when an innocent man like this - a good person, a Briton, a family man - dies as a result, it really hits home.

The evil of IS was spawned by our governments' genocidal & destructive actions in the Middle East. It's important to remember that all their future actions will be motivated by money too, don't let them convince you that further military action there is a good idea, it will just lead to more of this.
What is wrong with ISIS.
Storm into a place like Iraq, uninvited, destroy the place, in the name of implementing 'your' system of government.

copyright J Stewart.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Does anybody else wonder how IS have come out of no where to become the best funded and most technically equipped army in the region within about 12 months? WE funded and supplied these maniacs in Syria. Also incredibly strange why Israel (who IS want to destroy) aren't doing or saying anything about the situation. Most unlike them! What I believe we are seeing is the beginning of a constructed narrative to sell the idea of a huge war effort across lots of the Middle East by the West.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Millions of people all around the world protested against the war in Iraq in 2003 - but they didn't listen to us, all they could think about was economic gain. Atrocities like this was the inevitable result.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent people have already died, but when an innocent man like this - a good person, a Briton, a family man - dies as a result, it really hits home.

The evil of IS was spawned by our governments' genocidal & destructive actions in the Middle East. It's important to remember that all their future actions will be motivated by money too, don't let them convince you that further military action there is a good idea, it will just lead to more of this.

Idiot

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anybody else wonder how IS have come out of no where to become the best funded and most technically equipped army in the region within about 12 months? WE funded and supplied these maniacs in Syria. Also incredibly strange why Israel (who IS want to destroy) aren't doing or saying anything about the situation. Most unlike them! What I believe we are seeing is the beginning of a constructed narrative to sell the idea of a huge war effort across lots of the Middle East by the West.
They are funded by America.
Having left a pooh load of 'big boy' munitions in the area, and a pooh load of cash/gold in the banks.

They are also generating a pooh load of cash for the ransoms that are being paid.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

this article may help,explains quite well how they are funded

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29004253

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

This a millions times.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No, but it IS America and the UK's fault that these people have thousands of angry disaffected Muslims to recruit and a massive power vacuum to operate in.

And the killing of each other in Somalia, Yemen, Nigeria etc....i suppose that is also the UK and the USA's fault. They are killing their own in the name of their ideology.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
It's hard to find the right words really to fully emphasise how horrific David Haines's murder is. In the video, the coward behind the face mask accused David Haines of working in the RAF for 10 years, and somehow relating that to the perceived onslaught against the "oppressed" sunni Muslims.

Absolutely diabolical, so sad.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
And the killing of each other in Somalia, Yemen, Nigeria etc....i suppose that is also the UK and the USA's fault. They are killing their own in the name of their ideology.

No, there are very specific origins for each of those conflicts (and all go beyond the one issue of Islamic fundamentalism).

This is about the relative 'success' of ISIS in Iraq, and I think it's very hard to argue that the west didn't play a very significant role in creating the conditions for them to thrive.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No, there are very specific origins for each of those conflicts (and all go beyond the one issue of Islamic fundamentalism).

This is about the relative 'success' of ISIS in Iraq, and I think it's very hard to argue that the west didn't play a very significant role in creating the conditions for them to thrive.

That could be a view, but the Muslims seem to be killing all over. In Nigeria not only are they killing each other but they are killing Christians and burning down churches wholesale. In India they are doing the same to the other religions, in Southern Thailand they are beheading little children and Buddhist families....to name a few.
Unfortunately our media pay little attention to these atrocities, must not upset the easily offended eh.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
That could be a view, but the Muslims seem to be killing all over. In Nigeria not only are they killing each other but they are killing Christians and burning down churches wholesale. In India they are doing the same to the other religions, in Southern Thailand they are beheading little children and Buddhist families....to name a few.
Unfortunately our media pay little attention, must not upset the easily offended eh.

I'm not for a minute saying that violent Islamic extremism is not a problem in many parts of the world.

But a group possessing an army of 50k + and in control of a huge amount of territory in a very strategically important part of the world is a totally incomparable to anywhere else, and I think the policies of the west towards that region have contributed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yep, that is why things get swept under the carpet and nothing gets done. Just silence those that speak out aka Rotherham.
Its the british way for most....Turn a blind eye and sweep it under the carpet,to many people are scared to say what they really think as they'll be branded a racist by the lefty loonies :)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It is now time for positive action by the West on a very large scale. It seems that there are only 30,000 of the jihadists so it should be possible to wipe out most of them with a barrage of well targetted air strikes. The time for pussy footing around has ended. It's time the scum-bags of IS were put in their place.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The beheading is a disgrace and an appalling act of terrorism.

During the last 21 months the Saudi Arabian government has beheaded 113 people, yet Cameron and Obama seem very quiet on the issue, as is most of NSC, why is that?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The beheading is a disgrace and an appalling act of terrorism.

During the last 21 months the Saudi Arabian government has beheaded 113 people, yet Cameron and Obama seem very quiet on the issue, as is most of NSC, why is that?

I'm not saying I agree with any of the beheadings in SA ..but what were they for?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
These people shouldn't be there regardless of the fantastic work they do...Looks like we'll be going to war again now and waste another 12 years or so.Its a complete utter waste of time going to Iraq again...New groups will appear time and time again,just leave them to it and pull out all the aid workers and journalists.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not for a minute saying that violent Islamic extremism is not a problem in many parts of the world.

But a group possessing an army of 50k + and in control of a huge amount of territory in a very strategically important part of the world is a totally incomparable to anywhere else, and I think the policies of the west towards that region have contributed.

So we sort of agree really. I agree we should never have gone into Iraq, but why now we have left are the Muslims killing each other, and why are they killing each other in other countries with no West involvement, and why are they killing other Non Christians in other countries who had NOTHING to do with the Wests involvement in Iraq.......because it seems exceptable in their backward ideology imo.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sigh.

More bombs will just make the problem worse. It will lead to more deaths of innocent people, more hatred of the West, more extremism, more terrorism.

So what is the answer? Diplomacy clearly wouldn't work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports