Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A British Aid Worker Beheaded by ISIS

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't know what the answer is, we have created an atrocious mess there. Helping Assad restore peace would be a start though.

If we decide to bomb Iraq yet again - this problem will never end. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I don't disagree with you in principle but if the West has the military capability to wipe out IS (as they do) I think they should use it. I don't think we can afford to allow the IS to create a new and permanent state that becomes a hotbed for terrorism on a world wide basis.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't disagree with you in principle but if the West has the military capability to wipe out IS (as they do) I think they should use it.
They're being trained in numerous countries and live amongst us...Over there is a small tipple of the problem's that are upon us.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sigh.

More bombs will just make the problem worse. It will lead to more deaths of innocent people, more hatred of the West, more extremism, more terrorism.

Ok then, seeing as some think that it is the Wests fault that there is killing in Iraq (and apparently every other country where the Muslims are killing) then let's pull out completely, any aid workers, government officials etc get them out. Let them fight amongst themselves whilst we tackle the growing problem of Muslim radicals closer to home.
No bleeding hearts though when the slaughtering continues in the Middle East. Good solution? will suit those who never wanted us in the area, and suit those who blamed us for the troubles in these areas.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The beheading is a disgrace and an appalling act of terrorism.

During the last 21 months the Saudi Arabian government has beheaded 113 people, yet Cameron and Obama seem very quiet on the issue, as is most of NSC, why is that?

its a rather backward form of sharia state punishment i agree,i suspect Cameron and Obama dont get involved because of all the financial dealings going on between our countries.Its left up to amnesty and human rights watch to be the public face of condemnation.

as for NSC i can only imagine someone starting a thread on it would be accused of being a racist within a few posts.

hard to compare what IS is doing with regard to all their beheadings and Saudi capital punishment though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Millions of people all around the world protested against the war in Iraq in 2003 - but they didn't listen to us, all they could think about was economic gain. Atrocities like this was the inevitable result.
Although the war in Iraq in 2003 was unjust, it wasn't all about economic gain. Western leaders did actually fear the prospect of Iraq developing WMDs, and they believed Iraq could do better without Saddam.

The evil of IS was spawned by our governments' genocidal & destructive actions in the Middle East.
Our government didn't commit genocide in the Middle East. We are not responsible for ISIS.

It's important to remember that all their future actions will be motivated by money too, don't let them convince you that further military action there is a good idea, it will just lead to more of this.
I think it's sad that you use the death of a good, innocent man, to push your extreme views.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Isn't that land grabbing what the PKK are trying to do within Turkey? You know all about land grabbing i reckon. If i'm not mistaken They(PKK/Kurds) are Sunni muslims?

Think you need to read up on some of the atrocities the PKK have carried out in Turkey abet on a small scale.

You are mistaken - PKK Kurds are made up of Muslims, Jews, Christians, followers of Yazidiz and a handful of other religions I can't remember off the top of my head. I don't condone what they have done but you linking their actions to a religion is utterly wrong.

Still awaiting some figures from you to back up your ascertain that it's more than a very small percentage of Muslims causing the trouble ? Or can't you back that statement up ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What I believe we are seeing is the beginning of a constructed narrative to sell the idea of a huge war effort across lots of the Middle East by the West.

You may be right and you're in 'good' company when voicing that opinion - the Pope has said we're at the start of WWIII. Not that I tend to listen to what the old duffer has to say normally.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The beheading is a disgrace and an appalling act of terrorism.

During the last 21 months the Saudi Arabian government has beheaded 113 people, yet Cameron and Obama seem very quiet on the issue, as is most of NSC, why is that?

I suspect, if it wasn't for the oil they sell us and the arms we sell them, Saudi would be deemed a terrorist state for its funding of many terrorist organisations and inhumane form of government. Strange how blind eyes can become.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then you should be horrified once you see what David Cameron uses it to push.
Presumably he'll be condemning those that committed the crime - which is fairly understandable and would probably be supported by his family. You're using it against governments that have nothing to do with ISIS and their actions.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They're being trained in numerous countries and live amongst us...Over there is a small tipple of the problem's that are upon us.

I think the west could see repercussions the silly thing is the police/secret service probably know who the likely perpetrators are but seem not to do anything

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Sigh.

More bombs will just make the problem worse. It will lead to more deaths of innocent people, more hatred of the West, more extremism, more terrorism.

You're ignoring the fact that this time ( unlike Iraq ) the West has the backing of many prominent Arab / Middle East countries including Iran ( who won't join the alliance but will provide assistance to the cause ).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't know what the answer is, we have created an atrocious mess there. Helping Assad restore peace would be a start though.

If we decide to bomb Iraq yet again - this problem will never end. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So we should support a Despot?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I suspect, if it wasn't for the oil they sell us and the arms we sell them, Saudi would be deemed a terrorist state for its funding of many terrorist organisations and inhumane form of government. Strange how blind eyes can become.

This.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Although the war in Iraq in 2003 was unjust, it wasn't all about economic gain. Western leaders did actually fear the prospect of Iraq developing WMDs, and they believed Iraq could do better without Saddam.

Our government didn't commit genocide in the Middle East. We are not responsible for ISIS.

I think it's sad that you use the death of a good, innocent man, to push your extreme views.

And Jackanory is based on true events. Western Leaders feared Iraq really had WMDs? I thought we'd all pretty much found out that was complete and utter tosh about a decade ago!

The West is responsible for ISIS as we funded and armed them via the 2 US States of Saudi and Qatar in the aim of toppling Assad in Syria! We are now seeing despicable acts being carried out by the army we created against innocent people which is the fastest way to get support to create the catalyst for the biggest military operation since the launch of Iraq v Blair. Lots of other parties will get written into this script yet (Israel for one, probably China and Russia too) and lots of people will get very rich again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Western Leaders feared Iraq really had WMDs? I thought we'd all pretty much found out that was complete and utter tosh about a decade ago!
What we found out was tosh was that the WMDs ever existed. We also found out that our governments were too keen to believe the inside information that said they existed. But they did believe they existed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here