A BLATANT begging for donations - The REMF.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Will be sure to donate over the coming days :thumbsup: Would it still be possible to partake in the ride by any chance?

For sure. Please set up a just giving page, try and raise £ 250 and you are in. PM me your e mail address to be added to the team. I hope people don't mind me bouncing this once a week but I will be RELENTLESS in trying to get to as much for the REMF as I possibly can have only just started.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The BEAST for the ride.

Bike.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My fundraising has stalled and needs a kick start. Did 15 miles today. Ramping it up.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks. Very kind.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You've got no gears! :eek:

I hope, for your sake, that we're not going up Ditchling Beacon!

This baby is a donation for my birthday from my amazing Sister to support me. Over £ 1500 of kit. Love her so for that I assume there are brakes. Genesis Alfine.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This baby is a donation for my birthday from my amazing Sister to support me. Over £ 1500 of kit. Love her so for that I assume there are brakes. Genesis Alfine.

Bloody hell, i wish I had a sister like that.

It's a fine looking bike - with some quality disc brakes. Looks like you could have a lot of fun off road with that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry about being a pain in the a*se over the next 4 weeks but I am not going to rest until I get to £ 2500 raised for the REMF on my Bike Ride. Stick with me.

36 miles done in the last 2 days.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 1088.75 with gift aid at the moment.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Always wondered what happened with sponsored events if the participant/victim didn't actually manage to complete the task - would this go to a replay and what would be the equivalent of the penalty shoot-out?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks CC for the donation.

REMF Bike Ride Blog.

Days to go - 27
Miles Ridden - 74 in last 8 days, 490 minutes
Latest Ride - Today 23 miles, 135 minutes
Pain Factor - 7
Funds raised incl ga so far - £ 1182.50

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have ridden 23 miles with a Saddle that would be best described as an Arse splitter. Dodged between people and kids that don't realise the concept of " bike lane " Almost come off the bike several times. Plowed onto Saltdean a further 8 miles and back than previous and worn out but it was worth it. LOVING this challenge from someone who has done the Square root of nothing for 10 years. Love my Bike. LOVE my challenge and if I don't get to £ 2500 I have failed, but I will, failure is NOT an option. Thanks for the support WONDERFUL people. Early Night. xx

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your saddle is a Brooks Competition.
Which means at your current rate of use, it will be the single most comfortable thing you will put your bottom on, in about...

...40 years :lol:

Brooks saddles and cockroaches will be the only survivors of nuclear war.

I think you might get a better response if you explained what the REMF will actually do with these donations. Reading this thread it comes across as some kind of personal ego boost. Isn't it meant to be about the good causes? I know you will not like hearing this and accuse me of bullying rather than taking the point on board but so be it. The fact is that there are many new members of NSC who may not know what the charity contributes towards. I know I would certainly like an update having contributed in the past. The Just Giving links have no mention of where the money will go which I find a bit odd in truth.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think you might get a better response if you explained what the REMF will actually do with these donations. Reading this thread it comes across as some kind of personal ego boost. Isn't it meant to be about the good causes? I know you will not like hearing this and accuse me of bullying rather than taking the point on board but so be it. The fact is that there are many new members of NSC who may not know what the charity contributes towards. I know I would certainly like an update having contributed in the past. The Just Giving links have no mention of where the money will go which I find a bit odd in truth.

Ok Lokki I don't consider this whole thing a personal ego boost, it is damn hard work. I am trying to raise as much money as I can for the REMF and putting myself on the line for it. I and Tony put a thread on here everytime a club is supported and I have done for 12 years now given constant updates on the REMF and thanks to people. I will give an update on teams supported on this thread soon as I agree a lot of new members may not know the full history of the REMF so thanks for that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ok Lokki I don't consider this whole thing a personal ego boost, it is damn hard work. I am trying to raise as much money as I can for the REMF and putting myself on the line for it. I and Tony put a thread on here everytime a club is supported and I have done for 12 years now given constant updates on the REMF and thanks to people. I will give an update on teams supported on this thread soon as I agree a lot of new members may not know the full history of the REMF for thanks for that.

Is it all just going to buy kit for kids' football teams, now then? To be honest when I was producing literature to assist my REMF fundraising, I always underplayed that part, and promoted the contributions to Coaching For Hope, and AIDS awareness in East Africa, etc. Is the REMF still contributing to such causes as well?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The REMF will continue to support local teams, teams from Croydon and abroad as it has done for 12years. I will try and do a list of teams supported since the outset but all teams helped this last year would have had a thread on here about it. Thanks for any positive and constructive ideas.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The REMF will continue to support local teams, teams from Croydon and abroad as it has done for 12years. I will try and do a list of teams supported since the outset but all teams helped this last year would have had a thread on here about it. Thanks for any positive and constructive ideas.

Is that a yes, then? That it is only kids' football teams that the charity is supporting now?

The thing is, when I was fundraising for REMF, I actually tried to make some effort beyond just posting on NSC - I actually wanted to try family, freinds, workmates, etc. Most of those people have kids of their own who play in football teams, etc and they are well used to holding their own fundraising to raise club funds (or indeed the parents just paying for their kids own kit). I would have been uncomfortable asking for contributions for that. As such I promoted the other stuff that the fund had contributed to that was (in my eyes) more worthwhile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports