Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The BBQ tarp is on it’s way to the wind farm. Repeat Tarp down. Somebody call someone.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I have always thought someone should manufacture fences with panels that can flip open, like window blinds. Allowing the wind to travel through without ripping the fence panels apart.

If I had that installed the contents of my recycling bin would be in the neighbours garden by now . :facepalm::lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have always thought someone should manufacture fences with panels that can flip open, like window blinds. Allowing the wind to travel through without ripping the fence panels apart.

Not a bad shout. Dragons Den ?

One of our neighbours 6x6 fence panels has gone down. Its semi-propped up in a BUSH in their garden, and the wind keeps picking it up and slamming it against the posts. Its doing my swede in.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Wasn't too bad in Marlow until about 11. Couple of trees down on the industrial estate and one being held up by a smaller tree over a road. Going to go at any minute.

(Before anyone says it - yes we have warned people and the council whilst facilities are on hold to 101. I haven't just posted it on here and done nothing!)

Feels like it is starting to calm down a bit

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Having run along the Worthing seafront both yesterday and today, the waves were bigger yesterday than today's, although I appreciate the bigger stuff is still to come.

Wind almost due west in the Bristol Channel means no big waves to speak of. Sea looking flat but running very fast.

Trees down in the river by us and neighbours reporting roof tiles off. Breezy enough & the wind isn’t up to the speed forecast yet

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Haha!
I’m on it.

Too late !

Dragonsden.jpg
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3D0rSm9tMLy9m9wJth7Fl7S/apply-to-enter-the-den

:wink:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Just outside my flat in the last 20 minutes I've seen a guy get blown off the pavement into the path of a (luckily slow moving) car, police rescue an old man who was clinging to a post and couldn't go anywhere, a mattress come flying down the road and several people get taken clean off their feet as the come round the corner from relatively slow winds to brutal gusts.
Are people ****ing thick? It's clearly not a light breeze!
Some knobhead now walking down the road with a pushchair!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We shall rebuild.

WIN_20220218_12_12_47_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220218_12_13_00_Pro.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1 x garden chair blown down the garden into the gate…….

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Take it to the Dragons Clampy you could be a millionaire this time next year
Beaten to it

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
For us up here - the forecast says this, and it has been saying the same/similar for the last five hours.

Whilst in reality, we've had a bit of hail, some light rain, and odd bits of what I would call a 'strong breeze'. No 'wind' to speak of - and right at this moment, the sun is out and the beech leaves out the front are rippling slightly.

Rarely have we had such a contrast between what the online weather says is happening, and what is actually happening.

Odd.

PS - postie has just been. Has her shorts on.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 221

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The same residents whose recycling bins have toppled and spilt everything down our road several times over the last week, are out there again, Benny Hill-ing chasing paper and milk bottles. Some of them, several times in the last 24 hours :bowdown:

We all have garages and side paths, well away from the wind!!

What's the definition of madness?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ha!
Mesh between the slats?

Hmmm, would stop the flappage of the slats which would need to be centrally hinged in order to blow both ways

you might need to go back to the design board with this one I feel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here