NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
60b712e42f9a87647082efab21743273.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Haha. Just listened to one landing. The guy is absolutely LOVING it!

Rather them than me. I'm not at all a nervous flier, but some of those landings look ****ing terrifying.

He LIVES for days like today :lolol:

Me neither, but have had a few aborted landings in my time - only one due to wind though. It was pretty horrific - small plane with 60mph side winds (landing in Jersey). Had three attempts veering all ver the place (well if felt like it anyway, probably wasn't) and on the third the pilot seemed to basically drop it out of the sky from a way up....we bounced down the runway and ended up almost sideways on. There was luggage everywhere and the smell of vomit throughout the plane was grim:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Me neither, but have had a few aborted landings in my time - only one due to wind though. It was pretty horrific - small plane with 60mph side winds (landing in Jersey). Had three attempts veering all ver the place (well if felt like it anyway, probably wasn't) and on the third the pilot seemed to basically drop it out of the sky from a way up....we bounced down the runway and ended up almost sideways on. There was luggage everywhere and the smell of vomit throughout the plane was grim:lolol:

I've only had one aborted landing, at Luton, returning from Athens. It was foggy but the fog was swirling. As we went round again, the pilot announced if he had 100 yards of visibility, he would land it, but if not, then we'd divert. He did and we landed safely.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
BigJet TV - bloody hell !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I've had it TWICE at Vegas - both times some thermodynamic thing of heat lifting the plane up from the runway

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Haha. Just listened to one landing. The guy is absolutely LOVING it!

Rather them than me. I'm not at all a nervous flier, but some of those landings look ****ing terrifying.

With a 70mph headwind you could probably drop a Concorde at Shoreham with room to spare before the railway line!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not too much gone wrong on the railways, power failure at Hastings, 50 mph speed limits, and my train hitting a branch at Balham. Generally ok though.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I've only had one aborted landing, at Luton, returning from Athens. It was foggy but the fog was swirling. As we went round again, the pilot announced if he had 100 yards of visibility, he would land it, but if not, then we'd divert. He did and we landed safely.

Our landing was aborted at Gibraltar due to wind. I'm not that nervous a flier but I really wouldn't recommend that one, not with the Rock seeming within touching distance! Fortunately for all on board the pilot took the sensible option and didn't try again, diverted to Málaga instead.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

Our landing was aborted at Gibraltar due to wind. I'm not that nervous a flier but I really wouldn't recommend that one, not with the Rock seemingly within touching distance! Fortunately for all on board the pilot took the sensible option and diverted to Málaga.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've not got a lot of work done since [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posted that!

Bins blowing everywhere in the Slarde. Dog still seems to want to go for a walk. No chance :lolol:

I've not done anything since [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] posted the Ventusky link yesterday. For an extreme weather/geography geek, I'm in heaven.

It's got maps, wind (at different altitudes), rain, cloud, snowcover etc. I've been toggling between that and Big Jet TV.

If Eunice gets me, at least I'll die happy.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This literally is manna from heaven for all the middle aged farts of NSC :D. Next up, a piece of window trim seen blowing down the road in Partridge Green.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here