[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Daughter just said on Facebook they were saying people were being stopped from going into Sainsburys Lyons Farm, just heard the temp traffic lights have blown down on the A27 junction with Lyons Farm.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've not got a lot of work done since [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posted that!

Bins blowing everywhere in the Slarde. Dog still seems to want to go for a walk. No chance :lolol:

7CEF680C-92D0-43F6-9680-5A1C9CB9F494.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just got in from using my VERY rudimentary carpentry skills (along with a big hammer and loads of Big nails) to try and stop a fence panel collapsing completely and another fence post from rocking about. Both still up and looking fairly steady at the moment. I just counted and there's another 30 odd panels needing to stay up :rolleyes:

Hang on in there :thumbsup:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Typical 'I can't see it, so it isn't happening' Perhaps you'd like to be like the 14,000 people in Truro who've lost their power?

Not the end of the world (although in Truro they're not far away!) .... it will be restored in due course.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
You jinxed it! What's happening?

Tree at Amberley, Tree at Angmering, Tree at Oxted, Loss of Signalling at Gatwick, Station Roof on the track at Chichester, Station Roof at Brighton iffy. I'm not getting home tonight, at least Wolf Alice is still on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Because people are bloody fed up with being under house arrest for months and months and they can now make their own decisions.

However, there is the slight risk of ending up with a roof tile where your face used to be :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
to go where? shirely just circle round for another go, the wind isnt getting any lighter.

thought that story about Man City flight odd in this respect, they abandon landing to fly 30 miles towards the wind? slightly different direction, not much.

A slight reduction in wind speed can make all the difference though. I was on an evening flight to Bristol a few years back and they were making preparations to fly to, coincidentally, Liverpool or Manchester due to the cross wind at Brizzle. Passengers were joking about which airport we’d prefer based on nightlife. Pilot then came back and said the wind had slightly reduced to the allowable limit and they would have an attempt at getting the plane down but as it was on the limit be prepared for an aborted landing. It was all very real time and quite dramatic.. Plane landed in Bristol. Weirdly it didn’t feel that windy or bumpy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just got in from using my VERY rudimentary carpentry skills (along with a big hammer and loads of Big nails) to try and stop a fence panel collapsing completely and another fence post from rocking about. Both still up and looking fairly steady at the moment. I just counted and there's another 30 odd panels needing to stay up :rolleyes:

Hang on in there :thumbsup:

I have always thought someone should manufacture fences with panels that can flip open, like window blinds. Allowing the wind to travel through without ripping the fence panels apart.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Lunchbreak in 1 minute. In south London, and it doesn't sound too bad at this minute, so might roam a bit on the main roads, with my eyes permanently looking everywhere.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
to go where? shirely just circle round for another go, the wind isnt getting any lighter.

thought that story about Man City flight odd in this respect, they abandon landing to fly 30 miles towards the wind? slightly different direction, not much.

One of the BA flights from Chicago gave it 2 goes - diverted to Geneva. Happy weekend to those folk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Garden furniture now on the move....large dining table on the patio was several feet away from where it was earlier......
Never seen the trees in the nature reserve behind the house moving like they are atm....it's wild

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I have always thought someone should manufacture fences with panels that can flip open, like window blinds. Allowing the wind to travel through without ripping the fence panels apart.

You're wasted on here. That's an excellent idea. Get it patented quick, otherwise the Dragons will say 'I'm out'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here