Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just stopped my daughter from going to work. She has an hours drive from Hurst Green to Burgess Hill.

Having lost my wife no way am I having her putting her life at risk to sit in a small office which will probably be in darkness anyway with no power

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bit of a damp SQUID at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BBC Breakfast doing their bit. Lots of outside broadcast correspondents standing on sea walls urging people to follow the advice and not to stand on sea walls.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just checked BBC weather site for seaford, upgraded to red warning from 10am to 3pm today. Update issued 344am
I would check the other weather sites for comparison. BBC Weather used to be provided by the Met Office but the BBC were told to put the contract out for tender and now forecasts are supplied by Meteo Group and not as accurate. The Met Office and XC Weather are both are giving lower gust wind speeds by about 10-15 mph.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Not much to report from here so far, in fact the forecast on BBC is predicting 50-60mph gusts now, not quite the 80-100 yesterday. Still holding my hat for now.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Couldn't hear a thing when I woke up at 5.30 this morning, but by the time I left for work at 6.45 I could hear the windows creaking and the wind was really picking up.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If anyone lives in Lewes District Council they've suspended waste collection today. Sensible decision, but maybe more sensible if they'd done it yesterday before everyone put the bins out and left for work

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Definitely a load of hype about nothing much so far - who would've thought?

We'll see come 10ish but I predict it's nothing like the armageddon the media are wetting their pants over

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A tad breezy up here in the Northern heights of Sussex. Hasn't stopped the bin men on their rounds at 6:30 - hats off to them.

Lewes have said our bins not being emptied today, and to make sure they’re not left out on pavements.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Still calm here in North East Somerset. Due to get lively in the next 60-90 mins.

Damn - as it is currently bright and fairly calm here in Bath, I was naively hoping that perhaps the storm was not going to be as bad as forecast, or had perhaps changed direction overnight :eek:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Starting to think this might be the reverse of Michael Fish’s prediction that went so wrong. They will not be caught with their pants down like that again

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Definitely a load of hype about nothing much so far - who would've thought?

We'll see come 10ish but I predict it's nothing like the armageddon the media are wetting their pants over

It's not as bad as predicted but still going to get scary....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Starting to think this might be the reverse of Michael Fish’s prediction that went so wrong. They will not be caught with their pants down like that again

which is a major reason why they always err on the side of embiggening weather warnings.

peak wind in Sussex isnt expected until early afternoon and will be a lot lower than that hitting Wales/Cornwall in next couple of hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here