Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A big big night in the Championship

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calculated risk. Pretty confident of a win for us tonight, so if the rest of the bet is (unfortunately) going to come in I may as well beef up the payout a bit - even if it is only 4/9 :lolol:

You are now:-

The Official Enemy of Negative Betting.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes but Huddersfield haven't got any pressure on them....Time will tell if they can handle the pressure as to be frank they look the better bet than us at the moment but things will always chop and change :)

Huddersfield Town are a major worry. The others are just as capable of faltering as we are but they look unstoppable.

Jan 22, 2017
Would have took a point before the game but we should have won by about 4 goals tonight. Shocking defending from Darlow and Lascelles and awful finishing from Mitrovic cost us. Gayle is back now, huge month for us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My mistake ... I 'suspect'
I wasn't meaning that you don't know for a fact, I just meant that I'm not so sure, as I think it could be pretty close to that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And just so I can't be accused of after-timing :lolol:

View attachment 82174
This isn't meant as an after the fact thing, I'd have posted it earlier if I wasn't rushing to get to the game. I don't understand why you'd back us at 4/9, it's just poor value.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is not fine margins isn't it? If Murray scores late and huds don't then it is 8 points. As it is we are 4 points ahead. How can we possibly be disappointed to be only 4 points ahead. By the law of averages we are due a good away match and hud due a defeat. Let's hope this happens. At least we didn't lose (they missed lots more chances)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks to me tonight wasn't a complete disaster.

Had I not bet, Newcastle would have won.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Dunk getting another booked sucked too. He may miss some crucial games late in the season league and/or play offs. Doh.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Deep misery bet placed:

Toon, European Champions, Tin Pot, Massive & H'field all to win & Albion to draw/lose.

90/1

Had Toon got a late winner too tonight's dropped points would have been tempered to the tune of almost £500
Given that I think they will finish top 2 I'm gutted about our result and my misery bet - which is not the idea FFS

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They can change places with Newcastle.

Indeed. I think The Toon have three nasty away games in one week coming up. Or is that Huddersfield Town ?

Had the frustration of listening on the radio tonight as my back has gone crook. With all the medicines I'm pumped with I'm surprised I can remember who we are playing.

Still, looking forward to the trip to Guiseley on Saturday.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I wasn't meaning that you don't know for a fact, I just meant that I'm not so sure, as I think it could be pretty close to that.

It's beginning to look that way. Generally, there is a ruthlesness being displayed on a more regular basis than I might have expected. Pretty frightening in some respects and might begin to question the "anyone can beat anyone" cliche.

I'm fairly confident 90 won't be enough, worrying!

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
The remaining fixtures for the top 4 are fairly even. On paper, Huddersfield's are the easiest. Their only remaining away games vs. top 10 opposition are Barnsley and Derby.

But it's these 6 pointers that will define the season - and there are 5 of them crammed into 15 days. Newcastle have 3 huge away games in a row - but then they have a relatively easy April (bar Sheff Wed away)

Tues 21st Feb - Huddersfield vs. Reading

Sat 25th Feb - Albion vs. Reading

Tues 28th Feb - Albion vs. Newcastle

Sat 4th Mar - Huddersfield vs. Newcastle

Tues 7th Mar - Reading vs. Newcastle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here