Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A big big night in the Championship

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't worry, I'll take one for the team and put a bet on Huddersfield, Reading and Newcastle all to win. That'll guarantee they all won't :thumbsup:
I'm not too bothered about Reading right now. Sure they could overtake us, but they don't look that good so I don't expect them to keep winning. Huddersfield however, I am worried about. And I'm a bit concerned by Izzy Brown.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst I think they might be distracted by their cup tie with City, Away Rotherham is surely less of a potential banana skin than Home vs Ipswich?

We will be disappointed with less than 3 points, for sure. But on current form Huddersdfield should walk that one.

Hmm we never seem to walk games away to Rotherham, especially midweek evening games...regardless of what form we are in. Didn't Hughton have one of his very rare teacup throwing paddies up there last year when we got well beat?

I imagine Rotherham will give it a real go, local derby and all that,

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Also gone back to Duffy tonight. Duffy anytime scorer and Brighton win 14/1

Hmmm. Not convinced about a headed set-piece goal against a Mick McCarthy team. It is, however, about time we scored direct from a free-kick. Step forward, Le Petit Magicien.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hmmm. Not convinced about a headed set-piece goal against a Mick McCarthy team. It is, however, about time we scored direct from a free-kick. Step forward, Le Petit Magicien.

Based it on team news from East Anglian Times....

Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy will be without central defensive pair, Christophe Berra and Steven Taylor for Tuesday night’s Championship trip to second-top Brighton & Hove Albion. McCarthy has hinted that he could start Jonas Knudsen and Jordan Spence joining Luke Chambers in a makeshift back-three

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Based it on team news from East Anglian Times....

Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy will be without central defensive pair, Christophe Berra and Steven Taylor for Tuesday night’s Championship trip to second-top Brighton & Hove Albion. McCarthy has hinted that he could start Jonas Knudsen and Jordan Spence joining Luke Chambers in a makeshift back-three

OK, good detective work.
PS your pic has inspired me: I'm off up the Amex to have one of both of those :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We could be in a MASSIVE position at 10pm or looking NERVOUSLY over our shoulders at teams like Norwich and MASSIVE, nothing but a win tonight will be good enough

Definitely getting towards squeakybum time.

Best and worst case tables at the end of tonight:

We win, all others lose

BHA 67
Toon 65
Huddersfield 58
Reading 57
Leeds 54

We lose all others win

Toon 68
BHA 64
Huddersfield 61
Reading 60
Leeds 57

Potential to be either a massive 9 or a slender 3 points clear of 3rd :eek:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
It will be interesting to see how Barnsley get on at the ridiculously out of form Villa tonight.. Although they got a good draw at the weekend didn't the departures at the end of the January window significantly deplete them?

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
You are clearly very much a 'glass half full' chap.

I'd say the chances of victory in those matches, for us, Reading and Huddersfield are all much the same.

Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday are still in the scrap, too. They'll both win tonight as well.
Thing is Rotherham are rubbish and Brentford will play quite open giving Reading opportunities ; Ipswich will shut up shop, do for me we have slightly the harder task unless we score early (pref twice)

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
A quid on Brighton, Norwich, Bristol City, Blackburn, Rotherham and Cardiff returns £2312.60.

I'm keeping the faith!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Derby, Shef Wed and Hudds at 6/1

Brighton draw at 3/1. I Thoguh that would jinx it for,us to win. Fingers crossed

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Definitely getting towards squeakybum time.

Best and worst case tables at the end of tonight:

We win, all others lose

BHA 67
Toon 65
Huddersfield 58
Reading 57
Leeds 54

We lose all others win

Toon 68
BHA 64
Huddersfield 61
Reading 60
Leeds 57

Potential to be either a massive 9 or a slender 3 points clear of 3rd :eek:
The latter is far more likely at the moment....

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst I am usually very positive and glass half full, I feel strangely nervous about tonight. I'm really worried about Huddersfield now. My prediction for what it's worth:

Brighton - draw;
Newcastle - draw;
Huddersfield - win;
Reading - draw.

The rest can't catch us now IMO.

Almost 100%. Knew this was going to be a tough game. Really worried about Huddersfield. They seem to have momentum, we are stuttering with 7 very tough games coming up. We needed 6 points from these 2 games.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Almost 100%. Knew this was going to be a tough game. Really worried about Huddersfield. They seem to have momentum, we are stuttering with 7 very tough games coming up. We needed 6 points from these 2 games.
Yes but Huddersfield haven't got any pressure on them....Time will tell if they can handle the pressure as to be frank they look the better bet than us at the moment but things will always chop and change :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here