Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

95% renewed......

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Would it be cost effective in the medium to long term adding an upper tier to the North Stand ?
I suspect 30k will be about right for us, but it does look feasible to shoehorn a few more seats into the north without touching the roof. I'm thinking more about increasing the rake of the stand rather than an extra tier.

Feb 14, 2010
The capacity can definitely increase by several thousand if the seats are moved together. There is presently a gap of about one and a half inches between them.

And [MENTION=15922]Working class pride[/MENTION]. Wow. You are really excelling today. I used to think you just had fairly strong views. Now I am beginning to believe you're just on a wind-up.

Wind up, me? How very dare you.. (OK rumbled.. but its a mixture of both, also until you say "I told you so" to some people then people will not face what they thought at the time, and until people do that, then the the discussion cannot move forward)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Amazing uptake and to think we still have a waiting list with the st sales we have had the last couple of years. And to think Lewes District Council said we would never need more than 12k

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Me neither but that is down to personal circumstances as opposed to anything through club have done wrongly.

The JCL's are slowly being weeded out now :whistle:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Despite the massive renewal numbers, expect the exact same bleating about making an operating loss next season. Fair enough, that's what companies do. You have to be able to declare a loss, for tax purposes. If the club are genuinely interested in turning an operating profit, maybe they could rise to the challenge of serving me with a pint and a pie at half-time. Never bought a single thing at half time at Withdean in ten years on account of crap long queues. Same applies currently at the Amex and probably always will do. :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
do you seriously think that if we had applied for a stadium that held 30k and could be expanded to 40 or 50k that it would have been granted?
While I agree with your general points, you don't need to tell people how big a ground could be extended to. If it's just designed in a way that makes it easy to adjust, that doesn't need to go in the application.

Jan 30, 2008
100 percent this
A few other clubs mentioned it too.

Great news I thought a few more might have drop out and would take a chance of getting a seat/seats on general sale now due to the larger capacity this season.
I suppose the pricing structure on each game now just makes sense to get a season ticket.
also known as a tie in :whistle:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here