Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

95% renewed......

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No mate, not one attendance. Someone once explained how we often got larger crowds than Shef W when at the Goldstone if in the same division when playing each other. I also remember Albion getting bigger gates than the likes of Saints despite being in a division below. Bring success to this club and then watch. Now is just scratching the surface. Just think if in the top flight and we are playing Spurs, united, Arsenal, Chelsea, those clubs and others could bring 10,000 alone. 30,000 is too small for a top flight successful Albion and it was obvious (at least to me) that it always was going to be. So, I told you so and it amazes me that people cannot see the bleeding obvious.

Hmmm..my point is though that the Rochdale game ( I was there) was if I am correct the highest of that season..and yes we did get high gates....but fast forward a bit and when we played in the old division one the gates were lower...against the likes of Arsenal etc....however you could argue for higher crowds now with the Amex being at attraction in itself ....still whether we need a higher capacity is at this stage purely theoretical...Norwich seem to be a good model to follow

Feb 14, 2010
Hmmm..my point is though that the Rochdale game ( I was there) was if I am correct the highest of that season..and yes we did get high gates....but fast forward a bit and when we played in the old division one the gates were lower...against the likes of Arsenal etc....however you could argue for higher crowds now with the Amex being at attraction in itself ....still whether we need a higher capacity is at this stage purely theoretical...Norwich seem to be a good model to follow

You must compare like with like. Gates in the early 80s all over country dipped. Some say because of trouble which might be true in part (Brighton certainly had a problem) but I actually think that generation of parents actually just found other things to do as society was changing. Then in the mid 90's people came back to football again. So sure, Brighton's gates were smaller when in the top flight but so what? Arsenal gates went down to 18,000 at the time as well. It really is not complicated and there is no argument to be had and so I say it again, I told you so.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Nobody likes to hear "I told you so" but I told you so, the next challenge over the next 10 years is how to expand the ground and transport to allow for expansion. For me it was obvious that the a club who got 34000 for Rochdale in the lower leagues needed a ground bigger than 30,000.

We'd never have got planning permission for a bigger ground. I was surprised we got away with one holding 25,000.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You must compare like with like. Gates in the early 80s all over country dipped. Some say because of trouble which might be true in part (Brighton certainly had a problem) but I actually think that generation of parents actually just found other things to do as society was changing. Then in the mid 90's people came back to football again. So sure, Brighton's gates were smaller when in the top flight but so what? Arsenal gates went down to 18,000 at the time as well. It really is not complicated and there is no argument to be had and so I say it again, I told you so.

Lol..if course there's an argument to be had ..yur having me in stitches ..wen we get to prem and regularly sell out 31k then mayb u might hav a point ..Titus too has a point ..hav a good one ..work to do

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Palace trolls will be upset, after confidently claiming attendances in our first season at the Amex were the honeymoon period and a blip - FAIL, they then robustly predicted a severe case of second season syndrome - FAIL and now it looks like our incredibly impressive best in the division attendance figures are set to continue in our 3rd Amex season. 4th season syndrome anyone?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
30,000 is too small for a top flight successful Albion and it was obvious (at least to me) that it always was going to be. So, I told you so and it amazes me that people cannot see the bleeding obvious.
Go on then, dig up a quote from yourself that says all that, prior to tickets being sold for the Amex.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Last season average attendance 20k
This season 22k season tickets

This season average attendance 26k
Next season 26k season tickets

Mental

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'd never have got planning permission for a bigger ground. I was surprised we got away with one holding 25,000.
I don't think that's the point, I think if the directors had thought we'd be able to get really big crowds, then they'd have wanted a ground that could be easily extended. As it is I think a few people are getting carried away here, we're not a big city and we don't know what crowds we could regularly attract in the future. If we could regularly have 30k that would be great as it is.

Palace trolls will be upset, after confidently claiming attendances in our first season at the Amex were the honeymoon period and a blip - FAIL, they then robustly predicted a severe case of second season syndrome - FAIL and now it looks like our incredibly impressive best in the division attendance figures are set to continue in our 3rd Amex season. 4th season syndrome anyone?
I was thinking exactly the same thing when I opened this thread. They'll change tack and pretend we're all plastics.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Plenty of 'Brighton' trolls will find something to get upset about too

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Nobody likes to hear "I told you so" but I told you so, the next challenge over the next 10 years is how to expand the ground and transport to allow for expansion. For me it was obvious that the a club who got 34000 for Rochdale in the lower leagues needed a ground bigger than 30,000.

It depends on how it's said. A quiet and slightly smug "I told you so" is generally acceptable. However, gobby, self satisfied crowing and repetition suggests that you are probably a something of an argumentative ********.

I think you know into which camp you fall.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
95% renewed plus all those waiting. I feel longer park & ride bus queues.
Point of interest. Marathon park & ride is in Falmer but football park & ride is anywhere else but Falmer.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

100 percent this
A few other clubs mentioned it too.

Great news I thought a few more might have drop out and would take a chance of getting a seat/seats on general sale now due to the larger capacity this season.
I suppose the pricing structure on each game now just makes sense to get a season ticket.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Well when Man u, Man City and the like come a calling we will wonder why didn't have a 40K stadium to accomodate the crowd. Can you imagine the demand for tickets, it will be phenomenal.

Feb 14, 2010
Well when Man u, Man City and the like come a calling we will wonder why didn't have a 40K stadium to accomodate the crowd. Can you imagine the demand for tickets, it will be phenomenal.

Nice to see a man with common sense. Why on earth this is news to anyone just defies belief. I really am amazed by the ability of people to not be able to see beyond their nose. I have said many times before that the real challenge over the next 10 years is to address transport to allow for expansion. Insofar as capacity, well 10 years is a long way off but the lower cost options would seem to be either a return to standing which seems likely at some point or smaller seats in some parts of the ground. Brighton has a history of large crowds for their league, Brighton to Worthing is the 10th largest urban area in the country and with the rest of Sussex also, this was obvious. Why others couldn't see it and why some still can't see it just goes to show that you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why on earth this is news to anyone just defies belief. I really am amazed by the ability of people to not be able to see beyond their nose.
Why others couldn't see it and why some still can't see it just goes to show that you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink.
Come on mr smart arse, post your quotes from before tickets were sold at the Amex. There's no point coming here saying 'I told you so' if you never did actually tell anyone.

Feb 14, 2010
Come on mr smart arse, post your quotes from before tickets were sold at the Amex. There's no point coming here saying 'I told you so' if you never did actually tell anyone.

Im not trolling through past threads, but you have a look for me on previous threads. One that springs to mind is one about transport where I made precisely this point and the NSC perceived wisdom was that I and a couple of others were deluded. I think I made the same point in the threads about Arsenal at home this year and the Newcastle cup game of last year. I really am truly surprised by how some people are surprised by this. It really is not a surprise to me and many others. Those who got it wrong then just say it, you got it wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here