Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 8th ? , Conference (7th), or Europa (6th)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Arse - nil points (or possibly three just to be contrary and prove me wrong - what do I know anyway)
Geordies - one point (BDB own goal in sympathy)
Relegated - three points but probably loose just because we can (see Everton fiasco)
Citeh - nil points (come on, we are definitely not going to win that one)
Brummies - three points (but only if we are still interested, otherwise a major thrashing at the beach)
I know NOTHING

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ask me after Thurs but I imagine to be safe we’ll be wanting Villa to not win at Anfield. I did have the same thought as you earlier then told myself not to be silly!
Yeah of course, 1 game at a time, but if we have beaten Newcastle, we’d just need to beat Southampton or City or draw them both and it wouldn’t matter if Villa beat Liverpool and us.

CL is still there to fight for on Thursday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have arguably made our game with city easier now having beaten Arse and given them the title. Hopefully City will focus on the champs league.
Indeed, although you can't help feel that if City rest a load of players, those that fill in will also be bloody amazing.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
No bet its a mugs game. Im hopeful we make Europe and will be bitterly dissapointed if we dont. Do and chance to make the top 6 a 7 and dont and we could slip back to mid-table. A lot rides on making Europe to retain players.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If we were to beat Newcastle in the week, we’d be 5 points behind them with a game in hand.

That game in hand may will be ManCity having already won and been presented with the PL trophy with 2 cup finals to prepare for.

Not sure RDZ and the players will be ruling 4th place out just yet. Unlikely, but beat Newcastle and Villa winning at Anfield, and that isn’t out of the equation….
That is what I was alluding to.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This market, sportingindex, has determined that we’ll make 6th.

Villa/Spurs battling for 7th.

IMG_4122.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is there any difference as far as Europa League is concerned between finishing 5th or 6th?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is there any difference as far as Europa League is concerned between finishing 5th or 6th?
There isn't because our 2 Europa League spots are for finishing 5th in the PL and winning the FA Cup - they are both qualification to the group stage of the Europa League. 6th place is the FA Cup spot in the event the winner has qualified already through league position.

The Conference spot is actually only for the EFL Cup winners, but again that will go to 7th because ManUtd won the EFL Cup and will qualify for CL through league position.

If ManUtd were to falter completely and finish 6th, but win the FA Cup, then 5th would get the other Europa League and 6th would get the conference with 7th not qualifying for Europe.

West Ham will also qualify for the Europa League next season if they win the Conference, but that doesn't effect the number of places allocated already.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we are able to finish 6th and qualify for the Europa League would that mean we go straight into the group stages or would we need to play in the 3rd qualifying round and play-offs?
i.e. if finishing 6th would we be involved from 10th August, or would we become involved from 21 September?

From UEFA website:

When are the 2023/24 Europa League qualifiers?

Third qualifying round: 10 and 17 August 2023
Play-offs: 24 and 31 August 2023

When are the 2023/24 Europa League group stage matches?

Matchday 1: 21 September 2023
Matchday 2: 5 October 2023
Matchday 3: 26 October 2023
Matchday 4: 9 November 2023
Matchday 5: 30 November 2023
Matchday 6: 14 December 2023

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Personally think we will get something against City. We have to beat Saints. One of the worst teams we've played this season and absolutely on the beach now.
Just can't see us going up to Newcastle and getting anything, and Villa will be tough. If we can stay relatively injury free I fancy 4/5 points more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here