Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 8th ? , Conference (7th), or Europa (6th)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Where are you putting your money ?

canwedoit.png

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We're 2/1 on to finish sixth. I won't be putting money on that, given the quality of opposition yet to face, the number of injuries we have, and 5 fixtures in 15 days. That said, we're the favourites for a reason.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Spurs have won 1 of the last 6 games and 2 from their last 9. On that form alone, they won't win both games. 4 points max.

Villa won't win away at Liverpool next week. A draw and even if they beat us would leave them on 61 points.

Six points then - a home win v Southampton plus one from the other 4 - would be enough.

So with Spurs form and Villa's tough game next week, I'll go for 6th.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think we will sneak 7th but secretly I don't want us in Europe next season - with the possibility of losing some of our better players I think it would be a step too far at the moment. I would prefer 8th and another good crack at the League and domestic cups next season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I think we will sneak 7th but secretly I don't want us in Europe next season - with the possibility of losing some of our better players I think it would be a step too far at the moment. I would prefer 8th and another good crack at the League and domestic cups next season.
There's an argument to say that the players (and more importantly manager) are more likely to stay if we reach Europe.

West Ham made the Europa SF last season and still finished 7th in the league. We've been much better than them this season.

And with the strength of the EPL, we might have a better chance of winning the Conference League than the domestic cups.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
There's an argument to say that the players (and more importantly manager) are more likely to stay if we reach Europe.

West Ham made the Europa SF last season and still finished 7th in the league. We've been much better than them this season.

And with the strength of the EPL, we might have a better chance of winning the Conference League than the FA Cup.
All very reasonable arguments for Europe.

However, West Ham have played 14 Conference League games so far in Europe this season and have only just pulled away from relegation. They have a bigger squad than us and a bigger spend, so I do fear we will struggle. With the defeats against Forest and Everton we do seem to be paying for our FA cup exploits and some poor fixture scheduling earlier in the season which could have helped us out.

If we make Europe I will be as excited and proud as everyone else , just think it may be a tough ask for us.

UTA

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
All very reasonable arguments for Europe.

However, West Ham have played 14 Conference League games so far in Europe this season and have only just pulled away from relegation. They have a bigger squad than us and a bigger spend, so I do fear we will struggle. With the defeats against Forest and Everton we do seem to be paying for our FA cup exploits and some poor fixture scheduling earlier in the season which could have helped us out.

If we make Europe I will be as excited and proud as everyone else , just think it may be a tough ask for us.

UTA
West Ham do have the handicap of spending shit loads on crap players tbf.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Would prefer the conference league , as you get some very good teams in the Europa cup , plus Champion league teams joining the competition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here