Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 8th ? , Conference (7th), or Europa (6th)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
"UEFA Europa League (UEL) qualification

In normal circumstances, two UEL places are given to English clubs who fulfil the following criteria:
  • The fifth-placed team in the Premier League qualify for the group stage proper.
  • The winners of the FA Cup qualify for the group stage proper.
UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) qualification
  • The EFL Cup winners qualify for the playoff stages
Where these qualifications changes

a) If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League, their UEL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

b) If the EFL Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League (or top six if (a) happens), their UECL playoff place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League."

So - I think this means the UEL places (5th and 6th) go straight into the group stages.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I still can't quite believe what I see when I look at the table for the hundredth time...

It's entirely up to us now.

1684188753053.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I still can't quite believe what I see when I look at the table for the hundredth time...

It should be a lot better than that, and already in the bag. The Spurs result alone would have meant we'd already qualified for Europe.

It's entirely up to us now.

Sure, but what strength sides will we be able to put out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here