Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8000 odd tonight - fans protesting with their feet?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Still one of the biggest gates of the evening and that's with a couple of derby(ish) games.

The seemingly low gate says more about fan's indifference to the competition than ticketing policy, park and ride availability or the fact Barber eats babies for fun.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Where's The Major when you need him eh? I thought he would have been all over an attendance thread!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If the club can't be bothered to run Park and Ride from at least one site, surely it got the attendance it deserved. No transport to our lovely, but remote stadium, and no fans. Can't be a coincidence.
Club doesn't bother. Fans don't bother. Might be a lesson here Mr Barber?

drama queen alert

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Not a season ticket holder, so great opportunity for three of us to go and sit together. Parked car at Brighton station £4.40, caught train to falmer return. cant see what the problem is. If like a previous poster he and others did not attend becuase of the P + R, the £2 each saved on the ticket would have paid the parking costs.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If the club can't be bothered to run Park and Ride from at least one site, surely it got the attendance it deserved. No transport to our lovely, but remote stadium, and no fans. Can't be a coincidence.
Club doesn't bother. Fans don't bother. Might be a lesson here Mr Barber?

some people on here are a bunch of limp wristed wet tards

so the gate was under 10000.....so fracking what

4 of us go to every Albion home game.

But for this one we just could not give a toss,one of our party is on holiday,one has just died(hopefully you will give him the benefit of the doubt as to his attendance), two decided to say nah to it and instead had a nice bit of grilled cod and a lovely bottle of wine in front of the TV.

we have never ever used park and ride either so put all those stats in your fackbox and see if you come up with Wibble!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
One good thing about the small crowd was being able to move at half time to be at the same end we were shooting to.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not comparable to the Gillingham game: that was the second ever competitive match at a stadium we'd all waited 14 years for: of course loads of people were going to turn up as they were still excited by the new ground.

That said, the attendance was still lower than any other gate we had that season- it's just the Carling Cup effect. I haven't checked, but I bet the 8,000 is more than Middlesbrough pulled in for their game with Accrington. Crowds are always low in this competition, unless there's some sort of local derby going on. Does it really matter??

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm a pretty fanatical STH, but frankly when the club says not bothering with P + R, I don't bother either. I just can't fathom why any 1st Team match would not have some P+R.

Just out of interest Steve, why couldn't you park near a train station and ride to the ground on a train like we did?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If that game was at Withdean there would have been about 2,500 there. I thought 8,000 was ok for a CC 1st rd game against low key opponents. The people bleating about the P&R are about as embarrassing as the performance was last night. Is it really that hard for people to make their own way to the stadium without their hand being held, you'd think the Amex was on the dark side of the moon the way some people go on about it.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Because, you tediously boring cock, they knew a midweek shitty cup game against 4th division opposition on a Tuesday night with a league game at home on Saturday would not draw a big enough crowd to warrant the expense. I remember you complaining last year about having to turn right instead of left after the Palace game......................what a miserable chap you must be!:wanker:

If you are part of P & R, then can you sort it out please? It's always a mess.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Crowd was fine.

There were
9k at Forest,
6k at Middlesbrough
5k at Barnsley
4k at Millwall
4k at Charlton.

Even the South Coast clash between Bournemouth and Pompey only attracted 7k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here