Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8000 odd tonight - fans protesting with their feet?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Still one of the biggest gates of the evening and that's with a couple of derby(ish) games.

The seemingly low gate says more about fan's indifference to the competition than ticketing policy, park and ride availability or the fact Barber eats babies for fun.

Exactly, taking the local derbies out of the equation, from memory only Birmingham got a bigger gate. The novelty factor has definitely worn off & in that knowledge the club should have made more effort to get kids there.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Last night made a pleasant change. Trains were great, no queues for food and drink. You could sit where you wanted and 20 extra loyalty points thrown in. The only thing to let it down was the game itself.

Phil Young

Aug 5, 2013
Atmosphere last night like being in a library. Needs to be intimidating for away teams & fans. Making it hospitable for away teams & fans makes them feel very comfortable & relaxed. 1/2 the pricing & double the fans last night & it would have generated a better atmosphere. Elland Road showed how an intimidating atmosphere can lift the home team. We have one of the best football stadia in the country (arguably the best in the Championship) but perversely that may, in time, work against us.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not read the whole thread but I remember Barber saying the club wanted to welcome new fans. Well perhaps he needs a backroom shuffle because those casual new fans are not going to jump through hoops for his convenience.

For a start, Queens Road shop in centre of town heaving with holiday makers, many foreign. All that shop frontage and yet no clue that the Albion were playing (friendlies & last night). and no advertising of the special cheap price....but then little point as people couldn't buy tickets there anyway and would need to take time & expense to go out to the Amex.

An online system which shows almost all seats gone, thus losing those who wanted to come in pairs or family groups. This has happened in all 3 home games so far, why?

People unable to load seats onto cards so having to also obtain paper tickets.

Those that do come for the 1st time then find very poor value for money in regards to food & drink and such things , like the hotdogs, are a complete insult to customers and anyone buying one might just as well have MUG written across their forehead.

And then there's the 1901 fiasco. I'm not a member but those who pay a premium also appear to be ripped off with vastly overpriced yet poor quality food, so poor that they have to give it away because people won't buy it.

And, just so the long term fans are not left out, the ecard benefits are slashed, something which must have been planned for some time but not mentioned before season tickets bought or even at the fans Forum last week, cynical or what?

It's so annoying. The club has not had to work too hard to build the fan base and yet seem to be doing their best, even if in only little ways, to kill the goose that laid the golden egg and drive 'customers' away.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not read the whole thread but I remember Barber saying the club wanted to welcome new fans. Well perhaps he needs a backroom shuffle because those casual new fans are not going to jump through hoops for his convenience.

For a start, Queens Road shop in centre of town heaving with holiday makers, many foreign. All that shop frontage and yet no clue that the Albion were playing (friendlies & last night). and no advertising of the special cheap price....but then little point as people couldn't buy tickets there anyway and would need to take time & expense to go out to the Amex.

An online system which shows almost all seats gone, thus losing those who wanted to come in pairs or family groups. This has happened in all 3 home games so far, why?

People unable to load seats onto cards so having to also obtain paper tickets.

Those that do come for the 1st time then find very poor value for money in regards to food & drink and such things , like the hotdogs, are a complete insult to customers and anyone buying one might just as well have MUG written across their forehead.

And then there's the 1901 fiasco. I'm not a member but those who pay a premium also appear to be ripped off with vastly overpriced yet poor quality food, so poor that they have to give it away because people won't buy it.

And, just so the long term fans are not left out, the ecard benefits are slashed, something which must have been planned for some time but not mentioned before season tickets bought or even at the fans Forum last week, cynical or what?

It's so annoying. The club has not had to work too hard to build the fan base and yet seem to be doing their best, even if in only little ways, to kill the goose that laid the golden egg and drive 'customers' away.

Pretty much sums up my feelings too.

Feb 14, 2010
1. The club should sell tickets in central Brighton at a booth or the club shop.
2. Park & ride is shite, its not the answer. Nobody wants to drive somewhere to then get a bus. Park and ride never was the answer and only idiots who would buy ice if they were eskimos (sorry Inuits) ever thought it was. Build car parks for the most popular form of transport, the car.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
The crowd was low because it was the league cup first round.

Those of you saying you couldn't go because there was no park and ride, have you not heard of public transport?

I really enjoyed the game. The game may have not been the best but I've seen worse games at the Amex (Peterborough last season springs to mind). I had a good sing with friends then got straight on the train home with no queuing. There was also a fairly decent atmosphere. Now bring on Derby for a packed (hopefully) Amex.

Feb 14, 2010
Those of you saying you couldn't go because there was no park and ride, have you not heard of public transport?

They have heard of public transport but after a day at work then its "no ta" I wont spend 2 hours on public transport there and back. Many Brighton fans dont live in Brighton. Understood or do we need to spell it out further somehow? Just build car parks. Thanks.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
TMany Brighton fans dont live in Brighton. Understood or do we need to spell it out further somehow? Just build car parks. Thanks.

Have you been living in a bubble for the last couple of years? The club is trying to cut costs not spend more money, Even if there was a space for a carpark along the A27 (highly doubtful given much it near the Amex is in the National Park), it would cost a couple of million to buy the land and concrete over, build access road etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here