Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8000 odd tonight - fans protesting with their feet?

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Didn't vote with my feet, it's my dads 70th birthday, and I'm in Berwick....good job by the looks of it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Simple financial decision for me. Can't justify the cost for a game like this I'm afraid. With limitless resources I might have gone, but as it is I, like loads of others no doubt, have to cut my cloth accordingly.

To be honest, I'm pretty glad we've gone out of the competition early. Good luck to Newport County for the rest of the competition. Sounded like a well deserved win for them tonight.

If the club can't be bothered to run Park and Ride from at least one site, surely it got the attendance it deserved. No transport to our lovely, but remote stadium, and no fans. Can't be a coincidence.
Club doesn't bother. Fans don't bother. Might be a lesson here Mr Barber?

Pathetic turn out,next time i'll come round and pick you all up,its only frigging falmer:facepalm:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I thought the North Stand was where the rowdies were at. The look on their faces at my commentary on the ref and lino and cheating ******* who got Calde sent off suggests different.

That was paint pot trophy stuff

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's quite funny though. A round one league cup game against Newport with no transport provisions and from memory I think it attracts more than every Withdean match ever played, except possibly one game.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ticketing cock up, if you went to buy tickets few days ago it was pretty much sold out with hardly and 2/3 seats together that must have put people off.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If the club can't be bothered to run Park and Ride from at least one site, surely it got the attendance it deserved. No transport to our lovely, but remote stadium, and no fans. Can't be a coincidence.
Club doesn't bother. Fans don't bother. Might be a lesson here Mr Barber?

Totally agree with Park and Ride crowd would off been 15k , like the Gills cup match 2 years ago , also parking ban in coldean and moulscombe has cut 2k off the gate as well , if this is the way the club is going they had better be prepared for lower crowds , they had better start praying that we will start winning .

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm a pretty fanatical STH, but frankly when the club says not bothering with P + R, I don't bother either. I just can't fathom why any 1st Team match would not have some P+R.

That's it in a nutshell - had the club bothered with P +R and put the transport on there would have been a lot more there. Frankly I was disgusted that they weren't providing these facilities for a competitive match. What will happen if we draw Forest Green Rovers (or any non league club) in the F A Cup 3rd round - will the club bother to put on transport facilities or forget it because FGR/any other non league club aren't an "exciting prospect". That's the impression I get from Mr Barber. Will the same be extended to crap teams from the Championship too ? Say we reach the end of the season and are liable to finish just outside the top half and Yeovil are already down will the club look at the fact that we may not get a full house and withdraw the transport facilities ?

CPFC 35

Banned
Jul 20, 2013
Your Mob had Best get used to the fact that Sub 10K crowds will fast Become a familiar Figure in the coming years. :lol: . Well played Newport BTW :clap2:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Though it was better than a poyet cup performance I suppose.

Better than the two victories against Newcastle, the win against Sunderland and the narrow defeats to Liverpool and Arsenal, Notters?!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Your Mob had Best get used to the fact that Sub 10K crowds will fast Become a familiar Figure in the coming years. :lol: . Well played Newport BTW :clap2:

Absolutely right CPFC 35. In fact I felt so embarrased I have decided to lncrease my DD to the RBCF.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's quite funny though. A round one league cup game against Newport with no transport provisions and from memory I think it attracts more than every Withdean match ever played, except possibly one game.

Oh FFS will you stop it with your common sense and putting things in to perspective?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

You are tiresome, sad act that posts on other teams forums. Rest assured when your team is getting tonked this season, i will not bother to visit your forum.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

And what the shag has it got to do with you? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here