Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£750 on Brighton to make play-offs

Jimmy Grimble

I would have wanted a minimum of 7/2.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We have a good enough squad but this is the championship so who knows, we have as good a chance as anyone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thing that worries me is of the top seven that have pulled away slightly I only see Blackpool and Burnley potentially dropping out.
While I agree that the teams in the top 7 are decent, it's far too early in the season to be thinking it won't change a lot. We were still getting our predictions wrong with just a couple of months left last season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think 5/2 is actually quite generous. Four points in the next two games will see us in touch of the top 6 with Bridcutt, Orlandi, CMS still to return.

I agree. Those odds basically say that we're 2.5 times more likely to finish 7th or lower than in the top 6. Quite high for a team that finished 4th the previous year.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
While I agree that the teams in the top 7 are decent, it's far too early in the season to be thinking it won't change a lot. We were still getting our predictions wrong with just a couple of months left last season.

You`d have to think QPR,Watford,Leicester,Forest and Reading will be very disappointed not too make the play offs. To be honest none of those teams (except perhaps Watford) are thrashing anybody but they are all very consistent which is what you need for the top 6. I know it`s early days but maybe this year it won`t be as unpredictable as last season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm trying to find out from you guys if it's a decent bet.
It's really difficult to tell, due to having a new manager. We certainly have the squad for it - I don't think our first 11 are that far ahead of our seconds 11 (apart from our keeper). I think it's a decent bet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
this time last season the scum were in the bottom four, still if it's all over (with 38 matches left) it'll save me going tonight

2nd October 2012 after a 1-1 draw with Ipswich, Albion were 3rd with 17 points, and Palace were 6th with 16 points.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think we'll be 10th - 14th I'm afraid Dave. I've said from the start the budgets lower (so far proved correct) and that the Summer's events have left us a few weeks behind other clubs (proven correct :thumbsup: ) , although we're picking up some good results I think this is a transitional season. Hope I'm wrong Dave!!!

Jimmy Grimble

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
As someone who loves a bet, there is no value in that at all. I hope you win but I very much doubt you will.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
That's it, he's gone and jinxed us now. I suppose as a Reading fan that's one of the teams that could challenge for the playoffs out of the way if he's not too confident on Reading doing well........

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That's it, he's gone and jinxed us now. I suppose as a Reading fan that's one of the teams that could challenge for the playoffs out of the way if he's not too confident on Reading doing well........

I'd be extremely surprised if they are not top 2 when the season ends. Can only see Watford challenging them for that spot (after QPR inevitably win it)

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Had a £750 bet that Brighton would make the Play-Offs just now, at a price of 5/2.

I was looking for a team with a realistic aims of automatic promotion that had the following:

* A good unproven manager
* A solid goal-keeper
* A solid defence
* A stable board that are willing to invest if needed
* A 20-25 goals striker

And I thought you ticked the boxes.

Two questions...

1. Any suggestion you will sign a striker either on-loan or in the January window?
2. How are you looking this year in general?

Throw the slip in the bin

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Sorry Jimmy, but these guys are serious bookmakers, you can't barter with them.

Or just go to an alternative highstreet book maker with much better odds. Especially for such a big bet.

Show a screen shot of the bet please?

Sounds like a total wind up to me. In fact im 100% sure it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here