Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£750 on Brighton to make play-offs

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
No abuse from me, however I feel a more prudent statement may have been along the lines of 'a decent bet' or 'a good few quid'.

That is all.

Reading Dave

Jun 25, 2013
No abuse from me, however I feel a more prudent statement may have been along the lines of 'a decent bet' or 'a good few quid'.

That is all.

I'm trying to find out from you guys if it's a decent bet.

My Grandmother has just died, so I've got a bit of inheritance, hence why the bet was slightly larger than it might have been usually.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Anyone else actually taking this as a compliment? Lets be honest, Reading were a premier league club last season and you would expect them to be up there this season. So for a fan of them to be that confident of us making the top 6 sounds like a pretty decent compliment. Top man Reading Dave!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Had a £750 bet that Brighton would make the Play-Offs just now, at a price of 5/2.

I was looking for a team with a realistic aims of automatic promotion that had the following:

* A good unproven manager
* A solid goal-keeper
* A solid defence
* A stable board that are willing to invest if needed
* A 20-25 goals striker

And I thought you ticked the boxes.

Two questions...

1. Any suggestion you will sign a striker either on-loan or in the January window?
2. How are you looking this year in general?

Bloody hell. Good luck. I'd be cacking my pants after a £750 bet.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

It's a lot of money on a team that's only been here a couple of years.
Last season being the first time we've finished top 6 in the 2nd tier for how many years?? (21?)

The odds wouldn't tempt me with a fiver but the current odds look ok.

My top 6 this year - not in any particular order:

QPR
Reading
Watford
Forest
Leicester
Brighton??

With a host of other team that could/should finish up there also; Blackpool, Blackburn, Wigan & possibly Burnley with the way they've started.
It's such an open season, as always.

Good luck with the bet pal.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

My Grandmother has just died, so I've got a bit of inheritance, hence why the bet was slightly larger than it might have been usually.

Sorry for your loss but if this is how you punt (make the bet then do your homework) poor old grannies dosh isn't going to last very long!

It is a reasonable bet though, might go and stick the spare couple of mil I've just counted out of my change tray on it myself. Can someone pass me a flaming £50, I need to light my cigar!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here