Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 70 pies thrown away in Away Stand

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've been saying this for ages and TLO keeps on that I am wrong and that the pies are magnificent value for money, home made as they claim to be.

Average at best.

Personally I think they're well above average. But, there is no question they have changed over time. The first steak pie I purchased was stuffed with steak and minimal gravy. It was so steak heavy I took a photo. Over time the filling has certainly changed. If I can find the original photo I can do a before and after to show the very obvious difference and increase in gravy. I still think they're great though and this is an observation not a criticism.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They were better origionally yes. Not just the box that has changed!!!

Also £3.90 is a rip off. They are good and have a captive audience so fair play to the club but I only go once a month so buy a pie, wouldn't every week if went unless they lowered the price a touch (possibly loosing money so up to them isn't it).

The ST discount helps I bet but those of us that go away more than home don't see that discount.

Even if they weren't moved to another area of the ground to sell, keep them and give them to a local charity/shelter for that night's food. Don't just bin the things!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Sodexo do my college catering and they throw away whole plates of cakes after every breaktime

image.jpg

This just sprang to mind. :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Throwing away perfectly usable food is a socially irresponsible thing for an organisation to do. IMHO, like. Give them to the kiosk kids, the stewards, the St John's, the police, the bus drivers or even the fans (for a nominal charge on an informal basis). Something, ANYTHING other than throw the food away.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Very high in fat and salt and 0 nutrients so probably not a great idea. Wish we could have some healthy food at the stadium.

They're also high in protein and carbs (starchy carbs as well rather than sugar), so that added to the fat is the 3 main food groups. Agreed they won't be high in vitamins and minerals, but they all contain some veg so there will be some.

Homeless people need food, they can't afford to be ultra choosy about 5 a day. I;m sure the pies would be well appreciated, especially later in the season when it's cold on the streets. A high fat/carb intake is vital then.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Oh, sorry.

I forgot Sabotage Times was the official BHA website.

:facepalm:

I can't find a link for the club article, I read the same one the Sabotage Times is reporting but I cannot back-up what I said so clearly I was exaggerating, it's 8000 not 10000
I never actually stated it was 10000 I said 'Don't they sell around 10,000 pies each game, seems they are not struggling to find punters willing to buy'. It was not my intention to mislead anyone over the very serious issue of how many pies were sold at the Sheffield Wednesday game last September

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think he'd rather come on here and bitch about it

And that's my point to an extent.

Nothing against Ninja Elephant, but more and more it is a NSC trait, of raise something on the Board and do nothing about it.

Had the original post been, 'I've emailed Paul Barber about the wasted pies and Paul has responded saying "let them eat bread" or alike', then the bin-fest could commence.

I agree it is unacceptable to waste food........

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And that's my point to an extent.

Nothing against Ninja Elephant, but more and more it is a NSC trait, of raise something on the Board and do nothing about it.

Had the original post been, 'I've emailed Paul Barber about the wasted pies and Paul has responded saying "let them eat bread" or alike', then the bin-fest could commence.

I agree it is unacceptable to waste food........

And that was why I created the thread. So the rest of your post really is, like so many others, ridiculous. It's not a moan, it's not a whine. 70 pies were thrown away. They were, that's how it is, that is what happened. Here is a thread pointing out how much food they wasted, probably without giving it a second thought.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would not be suprised if they had to be thrown away due to health and saftey.

I dont know the rules, but it would suprise me that you could move around cooked pies, letting them cool and then reheat them when moving them.

same goes for giving them to charity etc.

Until word gets around that a pie will only cost a quid on the way out and no-one buys a pie at full price before the game and at half time. With the number of fans staying behind at the end of a game those who are left an hour and a half later should be offered a pie for a quid if any are left over.

Can we not do this with matchday tickets as well? When thousands leave on 80 minutes the Albion could sell their seats at £5 a pop (plus free pie) for the last 10 mins plus injury time - you know that bit when a goal is usually scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here