Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 Stars Bar

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Had a natter with my pals dad who is 94 , never been to the Amex but a real die hard at the goldstone, showed him this thread and after the laughing fit he then looked at me and said " what sort of dummy thought this up and even worse what sort of dummy would pay to get in a pub unless there were strippers on :) Can't really argue with that .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
tequila bar? Free entry but no one allowed out before doing 5 shots including kids and guide dogs. Dancing girls and pistols being fired with sombrero wearing cowboys riding up and down whooping and a howling plus giant cactus plants scattered throughout.

What's paul barbers number? Who's in?

¡Ay, CARAMBA!

mexico2.jpg

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Club only have to look at Newcastle's Stadium "NINE" Bar as the template.
Seating inside and out with both sets of fans together.
Great Sports Bar..

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Personally, if the entry fee included a voucher for pie/pint, burger/soft-drink deal, then I would consider it as I am going to buy that in the ground anyway. Would resolve the issue of people going in there to get warm/dry or somewhere to eat packed lunch, but not actually buy anything, but there would need to be a commitment from Sodexo to provide the food that people have pre-purchased.

I am already spending a lot of money on a couple of season tickets to see the football. I am not paying more for the privilege of spending my money!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
They must be losing a small fortune every game on the bar, i honestly can't believe Sodexo couldn't run and staff this themselves and not make a profit without the need to resort to an admission charge. There is so much potential for a proper sports bar both on and off matchday.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Had a natter with my pals dad who is 94 , never been to the Amex but a real die hard at the goldstone, showed him this thread and after the laughing fit he then looked at me and said " what sort of dummy thought this up and even worse what sort of dummy would pay to get in a pub unless there were strippers on :) Can't really argue with that .

Yes thats it - strippers :bowdown:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Actually, that is a thought. Put in hookers and blackjack, rename it to Bender's to go along with Dick's, sign Lee Camp and Tyson Gay and we have got Carry on Amex.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I PAY to go in

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I actually thought at first you got a beer and burger for your £12. I thought "that's not bad". Then I re-read the sign... Just a pint? No? Nothing?

Just pay £12 to... have the opportunity to buy a drink, which I can do in Dick's Bar or the concourse.

Utterly bonkers. Try explaining this to someone who doesn't follow football.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Just getting greedy as a club . Times have changed i do wonder what someone would think if they had a couple of time machines one to take a 20 yr old from say 1979 to today and the other to take one of todays 20 year olds back from now to 1979. Think both would be shocked senseless.

Just getting greedy as a club . Times have changed i do wonder what someone would think if they had a couple of time machines one to take a 20 yr old from say 1979 to today and the other to take one of todays 20 year olds back from now to 1979. Think both would be shocked senseless.

They were moaning in 79 when the entrance price went from £1 to £1.50 crazy:mad:

Inflation taken into account that's £5.20 to £7.80 the price we had to pay to get into the top league.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I actually thought at first you got a beer and burger for your £12. I thought "that's not bad". Then I re-read the sign... Just a pint? No? Nothing?

Just pay £12 to... have the opportunity to buy a drink, which I can do in Dick's Bar or the concourse.

Utterly bonkers. Try explaining this to someone who doesn't follow football.

Was this a sign outside the entrance indicating that you could pay on the door for entry?

The club's communications on this stated very clearly that it was only admission if booked/paid for in advance.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
They were moaning in 79 when the entrance price went from £1 to £1.50 crazy:mad:

Inflation taken into account that's £5.20 to £7.80 the price we had to pay to get into the top league.

Oh i do miss those prices as i think i was paying 75p dont miss splashing about in the piss in the north stand or east north terrace though

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Was this a sign outside the entrance indicating that you could pay on the door for entry?

The club's communications on this stated very clearly that it was only admission if booked/paid for in advance.

You can pay for entry on the night, but you can't pay at the door.

You have to purchase the entry ticket from the ticket office !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011

and so they should have moaned at £1 going up to £1.50

Thats a 50% hike in one go!!! even Barber wouldnt try that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here