Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 Stars Bar

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So there's the answer- its a failure, or are the club waiting for an excuse to close it and use it for something else??

If the club had a mind to, they could rebrand it before tomorrow night's game and still make a minimum of ten times the profit they would have made from six punters on Saturday. Pathetically easy: just move the Harveys thing from outdoors to indoors, with or without the live music. The provision of toilets alone would clinch the deal. Does very much look like the club are trying to manufacture an excuse for closing it down and using it for something else.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Went to The Swan with my son on Saturday to try and watch the Manc derby, couldn't see the screen so gave up. Arrived at the ground around 1.10, couldn't go on the concourse as it didn't open till 1.30, couldn't go in Dick's as my son is under 18 and I wasn't going to pay £24 to use the Seven Stars...... then it started raining.

Hung about outside the North till it opened at 1.30. Would have used the Seven Stars if it was free entry and bought a few pints. But hey ho PB knows best.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There were 6 in there pre-match on Saturday

I've not been following this closely, but I think someone (possibly you) said there were 3 people in there for a previous game.

If both figures are correct, I can well imagine in this morning's BHAFC management meeting someone reporting how the number of fans using Seven Stars has doubled, and if that trend continues it will be a sell-out before long.

A few pats on the back later, conversation then turned to how efficient the concourse catering operation was...

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
I've not been following this closely, but I think someone (possibly you) said there were 3 people in there for a previous game.

If both figures are correct, I can well imagine in this morning's BHAFC management meeting someone reporting how the number of fans using Seven Stars has doubled, and if that trend continues it will be a sell-out before long.

A few pats on the back later, conversation then turned to how efficient the concourse catering operation was...

Yeah we used the bar all the time before, such a shame! Our entrance into the concourse is right next to the doors up to the bar, so always ask the bouncers how many are in each game.... Sadly I think you could be correct and the club clearly have alternative motives so will run it at a loss until such time they can do what ever it really is that they want to do with it :(

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I was talking to the door steward about it on Saturday who was saying that it was Sodexo who were losing money by it being empty and that the club were actually making money from it! Apparently the club doesnt lose/gain financially if it is empty or full as Sodexo keep all the takings and that by having, for example, 10 punters in there, the club were making 10 x £12 that it wouldnt have done previously. Could all be a load of bollards of course as Im sure there must be a link long term to how much Sodexo pay the club but seems a shame that a great family facility has been put to waste for the sake of a £100 a week or so.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How about we buy it, rebrand it as the NSC Bar, and turn it into a private club charging £250 season for exclusive use.
What you say, it's been tried? Oh!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems the lemonade bar might have been making more money than the current set up.

Time to refund the memberships and make it a Dick's Bar 2 ( where kids are allowed but not compulsory ) with lots of different ales.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
There were 5 in there last night :(

The other one had the squirts from the previous visit after realizing cunning Paul had managed to sign him up for a DD .

111277-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-police-v4sg.gif

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tequila bar? Free entry but No one allowed out before doing 5 shots including kids and guide dogs. Dancing girls and pistols being fired with sombrero wearing Cowboys riding up and down whooping and a howling plus giant cactus plants scattered throughout.

What's Paul Barbers number? Who's in?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its clearly a masterstroke dreamed up between the club and NSC to generate a couple of posts per game as to how many are in there

Tequila bar? Free entry but No one allowed out before doing 5 shots including kids and guide dogs. Dancing girls and pistols being fired with sombrero wearing Cowboys riding up and down whooping and a howling plus giant cactus plants scattered throughout.

What's Paul Barbers number? Who's in?

Throw in a cup of tea and its a deal:moo:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
This is becoming my new favourite thread. May have to start a NSC sweep stake on how many people were in the bar.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
This is becoming my new favourite thread. May have to start a NSC sweep stake on how many people were in the bar.

I can't make the Reading game and I am away for the Barnsley game - Need someone to find out the attendance and keep the thread going :)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I for one am delighted that our fans have the sense not to reward this attempt at ripping off the fans by spending their money in there.

Idiotic move by the club. Just stick some decent ales on tap and take our money FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here