Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 pints of beer a week?

On average to you drink more or less than seven pints a week?

• Above

Votes: 115 56.4%
  • Below

Votes: 89 43.6%

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My average week would be closer to the old limit for a man of around 11 pints or equivalent.

The new recommendation makes no sense to me: how can the recommended intake for me, at 5'11 and 12.5 st, be the same as my missus, who's 5'2 and under 8st??

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've not had a beer in 6 months. I've had a gin and the occasional scotch. Feel much better for it.

To be honest, it must be an age thing....

It's not I can't drink copious amounts when I want to, it's I don't see the point and circumstances such as I don't go to as many gigs any more and it is no fun getting up early in the morning with your child with a hangover and not fair on them as you just don't have the same enthusiasm to watch spongebob square pants and play uno at 6.30am !!!

Having said that looking forward to a few weekenders this year and I can blow out then...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
its always the TTs that get on these threads.If you like a beer bloody have one.....they would have you in bed by 7pm if they could.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
from the 34 votes cast so far I'm bringing the average above 7

I know what I mean (pun intended)

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
6 years ago I was doing that most nights, now hardly touch the stuff. May enjoy a few in the summer sitting out the garden in the sun but that's about it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I used to have that in a sitting, now a days I'd be lucky if I had that number over perhaps a three month period..

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Bloody hell, has NSC become a health club? I'll buck the trend, OK so I don't drink Monday to Thursday and generally very little Sundays too, but Friday night to Saturday night I gorge quite unapologetically. Seven pints? Pah... double that plus some. :)

Exactly the same. Have cut out Monday - Thursday but still over the recommendation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My average week would be closer to the old limit for a man of around 11 pints or equivalent.

The new recommendation makes no sense to me: how can the recommended intake for me, at 5'11 and 12.5 st, be the same as my missus, who's 5'2 and under 8st??

The new advice relates to risk of cancer. Previous advice was about obesity and diabetes, liver damage etc.

It's advice so that you can make an informed decision whether to drink or not.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The new advice relates to risk of cancer. Previous advice was about obesity and diabetes, liver damage etc.

It's advice so that you can make an informed decision whether to drink or not.

I used to smoke 20 a day, cut that out three years ago. I'm certainly not cutting out the Guinness. They warn against red meat and this and that and if we took heed of everything we'd be eating organic green cabbage leaves and nothing else. Nah I'll have my black stuff at the weekends. And take little heed from these 'experts'.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I`m probably 12 pints and a bottle of wine a week , with at least two days off. Whatever they say I`m content that that is not excessive. Ironically It is sport that leads me to Drink. Two or three each Amex game.Same after Golf and Tennis.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I probably drink 5 or 6 nights a week, except 1 week in 5 when I'm on nights.
Average of 5/6 units each night.

By my reckoning I'm just under the limit

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
40 years @ 2 pints a night with one day off every four years @ £3.50 a pint = just over £100K.

Cost of a new liver £400K.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I will tell you what, looking at this poll, a NSC meet up in a pub would be rip roaring affair.

More like a Temperance Society Meeting.

Can I have some of the weekly allowance other people are not using?

............. I'm afraid that's not quite how it works..............

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Well over, but having fun. Everyone is going to die of something in the end so why not enjoy yourself while you can.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I used to think i drank to about the old limit. Then i spent a few weeks keeping a food and drink diary carefully measuring all intake and i discovered that actually i was regularly dinking 30 units rather than 20. This was largely due to not taking into account the strength of beer and the measures of wine and spirits. Now i can pretty accurately estimate how many units i consume and week to week its around the new limit, but it's easy to drink more on birthdays, holidays etc. So for a typical week, within the new limit, but on average being honest with myself its going to be higher.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
So week on week off for work, drinking on week off , smoke a few cigars. Shouldn't eat red meat too much, processed meat not good either.Stock markets fecked(pension). Should we all just give up now and wander under a bus, or would that cost the cops and nhs too much aswell??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here